Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Otlander 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 AM
Default Otlander 2009

Hi guys I'll need your help and experience on this:
If you should choose between an Outlander and a Captiva(Chevy) which one would you choose?
I'm asking you this because my neighboor is nagging me because his Captiva has a better acceleration than my Outie
Thanks in advance

Old 02-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Wow, your friend is stupid for thinking acceleration is the most important thing for a CUV...it's a CUV and not a sports car, who cares as long as its decent?
The reason you buy a CUV is for space, comfort, cargo space, and towing capacitiy...not to drag race people at red lights.
They don't sell that car here, but it appears to be a re-badged Daewoo. I would tell him/her to "enjoy your Daewoo" and laugh.

In the end, you will be driving the Outlander...you aren't buying it for your friends as a gift, so who cares what he/she thinks?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:14 PM

I don't think there is any comparison between the two. You can compare Outlander to Rav4/Forester/CRV but Captiva is in a lower league. Its basically a Daewoo. Plus it doesn't handle as well as Outlander and doesn't have all the techno gadgetry of Outlander. Also, Outlander uses space a lot more cleverly and reliability of the Japanese made Outlanders is top notch.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 AM

Thanks for your posts guys!Even if I knew the Outie was way far better than his Captiva he kept bringing the acceleration issue But I knew that in performance the Outie was far more better and you guys confirmed it
Well I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks the outie is one of the best of his category

Thanks agaiiiiin