Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander 2007 Undetected TPMS sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Exclamation Outlander 2007 Undetected TPMS sensor?

Hi, Im a new member here. Just wanted to get anyone's help regarding my TPMS. TPMS starts to check the tire pressure on each tire everytime the car is turned ON. One on my wheels though seems to just keep on trying to detect the tire pressure or the sensor itself and never stops blinking the green indicator (tried driving with this several times for several hours, no change). No alarm is flagged whatsoever though. Is this a sign of a defective sensor? Any DIY check I can do to validate this? Appreciate any feedback.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Picture of what is flashing?

In terms of sensors, I was told they last 5-7 years, so it could be time to replace them.

If at all possible, go to a tire place with the TPMS sensor tool. They will be able to tell you if they can read them or not. IF they can you have a bad sensor on the car side, but while you are there,

ask them what the serial numbers are for each tire. IF you go, there is a guy on the lancer forum who can program aftermarket sensors for cheap. the only other option is to buy mitsubishi sensors (alot of $$$$) and then PAY THEM to reprogram every time. pain in the ***

TPMS Sensors FS - Programmed for FREE - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

Contact him. He is GREAT. ships VERY quickly and the new sensors work great.

I have a set of OEM in my stock tires and these alligator sensors in my winter rims/tires. I swap the tires and never have to touch the tpms

Old 10-07-2013, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the response. I was referring to the green LED that lights up as the TPMS check for the sensors or tire pressure/temp one by one. Guess there is no straightforward check I can do to validate this sensor and I was looking forward for atleast a timeout with the tpms as it continuously search for the sensor, but seems its designed this way. Choice then of shelling out $$ or just switch my spare wheel with the concerned one just so all working wheels would still have their pressure monitored (wife wants it).

Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 PM

I was reading up on the guy that boogunoogun referenced and basically, you take your vehicle to a tire shop and ask them to just scan the tires and retrieve the serial numbers. if one isn't responding, then you will know it isn't talking. you could ask them to remove your tire, physically read the serial number, and put your tire back on. Give that serial number to the guy that reprograms them, have that installed in place of the one that is giving you problems.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst
I was reading up on the guy that boogunoogun referenced and basically, you take your vehicle to a tire shop and ask them to just scan the tires and retrieve the serial numbers. if one isn't responding, then you will know it isn't talking. you could ask them to remove your tire, physically read the serial number, and put your tire back on. Give that serial number to the guy that reprograms them, have that installed in place of the one that is giving you problems.

I am "that guy"

You are correct, If the sensor is dead you will have to take it off and get the code off the back of it. - Note that the sensor could not have been cloned previously as the clonable sensors do not have the same code on the back of them as the one that is programmed into them.