Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander 2014 A/C Short Cycling?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Default Outlander 2014 A/C Short Cycling?

Hi All,

Anybody experienced their A/C clutch engage/disengage in about every 5 seconds interval? I brought my Outlander to the dealership for the recall to relocate the wires under driver's seat. Since then I noticed that my A/C keeps on clicking in every couple of seconds. I brought it back to the dealership a couple of times after because it really concerns me I was just told it is normal. I am not convinced that it is normal as I did not noticed it doing this before since I owned the car for more than five years already. I bought it brand new and still has below 25K on it. Every time I was only told the system is normal. So what else I can do? To my fellow Outlander owners, do you think it is normal?

On the other hand, I was wondering what is involved with the wire relocation recall. They told me it won't affect anything other than the heated seat. My Outlander does not have a power seat. But it took them the whole day to do the job. So I'm curious if it's only a simple job that there's no chance of affecting anything else (e.g. my A/C). I'm really worried about it.

TIA,

Neil