Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander air intake manifold vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Default Outlander air intake manifold vibration

I have a 2010 2.4 XLS Petrol Outlander that has developed a vibration/rattle around 1500 rpm especially when the engine is under load. Associated with this it seems that the CVT transmission is trying to put the vehicle into a higher gear too quickly and leading to an engine ping. The check engine light does not come on to indicate any issue.

This vibration only happens in gear while driving and can be replicated by putting the car into drive and putting the your foot on the brake and bring the engine revs up to 1500 rpm. The noise can be isolated to coming from the air intake manifold. Air intake pipe/filter box connected correctly, filter is clean and throttle body does not appear to be dirty.

Anyone have other ideas on what the issue is?

Thanks

Old 12-06-2016, 10:09 AM

I just checked the air filter in my wife's '07 yesterday and it was a PITA to get the thing back in correctly. I know you said in the OP that it is connected correctly BUT have you tried moving the air box with your hands to make sure? Wouldn't it be nice if that was it? Happy hunting