Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Code P0868 Transmission fluid pressure (TFP) sensor - low

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 04:12 AM
Default Outlander Code P0868 Transmission fluid pressure (TFP) sensor - low

Hi all, getting the code P0868 on a 2011 CVT Outlander. Experiencing shudder on acceleration and eventually limp mode. I know this might be a transmission replace scenario, but anything I can do to prolong it or fix temporarily? If I clear the code drives as normal but comes back after short drive. Car is not low on fluid.
Transmission cooler was replaced due to mixing with coolant, and replaced transmission fluid (just drain and fill, not flush) a few months ago. Car drove fine after that, but this appeared today. Would dropping the pan and completing replacing the fluid and filter help? Thanks in advance

Code:

P0868 [0x0868]

Transmission fluid pressure (TFP) sensor - low

Transmission Fluid Pressure Low

Old 12-31-2023, 09:27 PM

There was a wiring issue that affected these vehicles, but seeing as you have had contamination then it is not going to be the cause of this. There is no filter under the pan, The filter is behind the oil cooler. There is strainer in the pan to catch large fragments.

Easy to say now, but you should have sold it after the cooler went.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by DibbyDibbyDJ
There was a wiring issue that affected these vehicles, but seeing as you have had contamination then it is not going to be the cause of this. There is no filter under the pan, The filter is behind the oil cooler. There is strainer in the pan to catch large fragments.

Easy to say now, but you should have sold it after the cooler went.
Yeah you're telling me. Isn't there a metal filter in the drain pan? If it's not a filter then can it be cleaned out? I might try a complete fluid flush, would that be worth trying? The fluid is expensive