Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander generation 1 - help with introductions and tips for a long life

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 08:52 AM
Default Outlander generation 1 - help with introductions and tips for a long life

Hello,
a few days ago my father purchased a 2007 Outlander.
It is a 2.4 atmospheric model, automatic (4 gears) permanent 4x4.
From a quick glance around the parking lot of his house, the engine looks clean and without sweat, the radiator is of course full of tap water, and the pipes are new.
Brakes appear to have been recently replaced, and likewise, the steering wheel hubs, and the hubs of the axles appear to be in their best except for one that has small crack marks on it.

I would love to hear your advice on wanting to straighten a comprehensive line for her from where the previous owner left off. (Even so, he did not provide work receipts/recent treatments regarding her).
The lady's car book states that she is willing to work with DOT 3 or DOT 4 brakes as well
. The engine oil changes according to the climate and thus it supplies all the viscosities from 10W40 to 0W20 - the previous owners hesitated to specify the viscosity that the garage used to provide at the time The periodic treatments - so that he is disqualified from relying safely on his statements.
5W40 seems to be the most appropriate viscosity in relation to the Israeli climate and the age of the engine - I would love to hear different opinions on the subject..
On the gearbox (automatic) Dexoron 3 is indicated
. the garage ?!
Also regarding the rear defiancerial - which oil is usually filled and refreshed out of an innocent desire for longevity?

On a short drive, the car does not pull, there are no knocks in the gear changes and the interior of the car is clean and tidy.
The temperature gauge is not working and in its place is a cheap Chinese clock connected to the OBD socket to read the parameters which is set to display the engine temp.
I would love to know if anyone knows the vehicle closely and can direct me to simply check if the coolant temperature sensor is indeed connected or if it is a classic case of loose wires, or a connector not connected.

Another matter with your permission,
the stamped can shows the following parameters:
1. 2070kg
2. 3645kg
3. 1070kg
4. 1075kg

If I'm not mistaken, its total weight is 2 tons 70 kg,
its maximum towing weight cannot exceed 1575 kg ( including the trailer) or am I wrong?
What do the 3,4 parameters indicate?

Thanks in advance, Adi