Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Headlight Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Default Outlander Headlight Adjustment

Anybody know how to adjust the headlights on a 2004 Outlander? My beams must be too high. Other drivers constantly flashing even though I am on dim.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Default RE: Outlander Headlight Adjustment

if the 04 have the projectors then i cant help you, if they are the basic 03 lights then i dont think there is an adjustment. but you could always take the bulb out to see if it is seated improperly. i will check this afternoon when i get back home and see if there is any adjustment what so ever. But just an fyi when i had the super bright lights from sylvannia peeps would flash me all the time(including women ) and so i would just flash them back with my brighter lights. anyways like i said when i get back i will let you know what to do.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:50 PM

One night I was flashed 3 times in less than 5 minutes with low beams on, I "upgraded" only to Sylvania cool blue I think. They are brighter and more crisp than the factory lighting, but not to mistake for high beams.
I also flash the brights....wrong thing to do, but at least they know they are not your high beams. It may be the ride hight also, if it's mostly cars that flash, perhaps they are just a little too low. Sorry, but I am unaware of an adjustment on the standard headlights.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:32 PM

I get the flashing too. most of the time its from older people who have the hazed headlights on their cars. i guess with the super clears on newer cars, they arent used to having headlights that actually does its job

Old 02-20-2006, 08:24 PM

behind the head assembly, theres a crank adjuster... right next to bulb insert. clockwise to up the beam, counter to lower it.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:04 PM

i just got flashed tonight, kind of funny being we were just talking about it, and it was an s10 which oddly enough has more or less the same ride height as us

Old 02-22-2006, 01:44 AM

lolz....tellin yah, outties are freaguin killer dude!!....lolz

Old 02-22-2006, 01:16 PM
JMC

My HID's do not help at all .......and yes, clockwise to up the beam, counter to lower it.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Default Just picked up an 04 Outlander, can't adjust the headlights.

Hi there everyone,
I picked up an 04 Outlander yesterday. Headlights were cracked badly and dealer replaced both in order to make the sale. I can't figure out where to vertically adjust the lights, they don't light the road far enough.

There is a metal cylinder with teeth on bottom and a plastic cap covering it. I tried to remove the plastic cover but it would not come off that easily.

Could someone take a pic of the back of the headlight, identify the screws for adjustment and post it?

Thanks for any help!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 AM

So I am stuck on the headlight adjustment. My 07 Outlander as after market hids and after the install I never had anybody flash me. recently somebody backed into my bumper and headlight. So the body shop put a new bumper and headlight and I think its out of wack because people are flashing me like crazy so I must be blinding them. Is there any way some one can post a picture of the adjustment bolt for the 07? Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Outlander Headlight Adjustment