Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander II blower

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 04:32 AM
Default Outlander II blower

Hi there!

I have a problem with my 2009 Outlander. A blower motor is running at full power all the time when the ignition is on. Even when the **** is *OFF*. Can't adjust the speed or turn it off. Only with removing the fuse. Relay is OK. I bought the car with this problem, so I don't really know how or why this problem occured.

I was thinking that it can't be a resistor fault, because it's running even at OFF position.
Is there any module for climate control, that can cause this?

Thanks for any advice.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:51 PM

Such clickbait-esq title! I was expecting a boosted Outlander thread.

Hope you get it fixed! Relay is a good start, how did you test it?

Old 03-13-2019, 01:24 AM

Relay clicks when I turn the ignition off-on, as the blower stops and start running. Also tried another one.

Also I noticed that when the car is running idle and the fan **** is at OFF position, engine rpm are normal, but when I turn it on AUTO or any running position, the idle speed increases about 200-300rpm. (blower motor runs at full power all the time). AC pump isn’t on, because it’s too cold over here right now.

Anyone knows where the climate module is located?

Old 03-24-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by hentsy
Hi there!

I have a problem with my 2009 Outlander. A blower motor is running at full power all the time when the ignition is on. Even when the **** is *OFF*. Can't adjust the speed or turn it off. Only with removing the fuse. Relay is OK. I bought the car with this problem, so I don't really know how or why this problem occured.

I was thinking that it can't be a resistor fault, because it's running even at OFF position.
Is there any module for climate control, that can cause this?

Thanks for any advice.

Don't know about climate module. If your Outie is equipped with dial(****) style climate controls then you need to check the one controlling blower. As you turn the dial, you should make sure it clicks and doesn't just move freely. I had this problem in a Hyundai with hot/cold dial. It was stripped on back of ****. Worth a check.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:11 AM

Seems like the **** is okay, it's not loose or anything. One more thing - When the **** is OFF, the engine is running at normal idle speed about 750-800rpm, but when I turn it on AUTO or any other position, then engine is running at 1000rpm. The AC pump is not running at the same time.

I asked from the last owner, he told me that there was a short at the blower motor wires, I don't know how.

Is this something I should try to replace? Or is it only for AC system and not controlling the blower motor?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-OEM-Mi...0AAOSw9NdXtt2B