Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander king of beeps

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 04:33 AM

Prehistorically old thread but as a new PHEV driver in an pre-owned PHEV, I am very happy with this silencing thread. First one behind the dials is done. Was a very easy removal, (almost) silencing and happily the language also returned to default english (somehow it turned german at a time).

next is the hatch for that beep, lots of hard plastic on the inside to be removed, I'll wait for warmer weather to avoid damage.

for the archives, I'll check in MUT if that icy roads warning can be silenced as well and write it here.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:26 PM
Default King of Beeps

Originally Posted by bmtouring
Prehistorically old thread but as a new PHEV driver in an pre-owned PHEV, I am very happy with this silencing thread. First one behind the dials is done. Was a very easy removal, (almost) silencing and happily the language also returned to default english (somehow it turned german at a time).

next is the hatch for that beep, lots of hard plastic on the inside to be removed, I'll wait for warmer weather to avoid damage.

for the archives, I'll check in MUT if that icy roads warning can be silenced as well and write it here.
From ChrisN... Hello, the beeper is located to the right of the stereo on the other side of the plastic divider. You have remove the stereo, but you don't have to disconnect the stereo wires. You have to reach around with your hand to pull the rectangle box off the divider wall to disconnect the "pull out" wire. l couldn't tell from the photo you sent to try to help further. Sorry! Good luck!
Spoiler

Old 04-07-2020, 02:59 PM

Thanks Chris. The beeper you refer to is not in my car. That one may be related to the parking sensors, which my car does not have.

I unplugged the AFAS (pedestrian warning whale sound up front) as it does not warn anyone even slightly and it does annoy me. And the rear hatch is now silent as well by unplugging its beeper inside.

The last beep standing is the one that complains if you leave the car 'on' while walking out of keyless-entry-sensor range. This one is under the rear fender. Easy to get to but the plug had some crud on it and sharp edges so I couldn't get it off yet. It's especially annoying when I want to use the hitch and do not want to power down and up (mmcs complete restart) when hooking it on. I forgot about unplugging it when I had the fender off for mounting the hitch... doh!

Next up: automatic sunroof close after power down.

Originally Posted by ChrisN
From ChrisN... Hello, the beeper is located to the right of the stereo on the other side of the plastic divider. You have remove the stereo, but you don't have to disconnect the stereo wires. You have to reach around with your hand to pull the rectangle box off the divider wall to disconnect the "pull out" wire. l couldn't tell from the photo you sent to try to help further. Sorry! Good luck!