Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander question - new owner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Default Outlander question - new owner?

I am planning to buy a Outlander GT fully loaded with leather and navigation.

I will be driving alot of freeway miles and road trips. I hope the gas mileage can get at least 27mpg on the highway only parts..

I plan to travel from CA to yosemite or one of the several mountain passes to nevada, to Salt Lake City UT maybe even colorado one day... Also want to visit death valley. Lake Tahoe in winter for skiing..

So I got to ask is the seats comfortable for long trips? A/C cold?
How is the cabin noise?

How is bike storage (1 bike) in the cargo area? Havn't seen a picture. I see they tumble out of the way but I quite worried it affect how far I can move the driver seat back. Can you fold the seatback down only?
Can you drive with the tailgate out and hatch closed to carry some 8' lumber?

What is the RPM at 70 and 80mph?

Do you like the engine torque and how soon it reaches it?

Any experience with the S-AWC? I ask because if I encounter snow I am less likely to loose traction and seems like a really good AWD system.
Does the system offer advantage on tarmac canyon roads?

Thanks that's all for now.

Last edited by OutlanderGT; 06-22-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Does the US outlander GT have the latch in the back where you pull and the seats fold down. The one I had straps you pull to fold to tumble the seat.

Thanks

Old 06-22-2012, 04:56 PM

I have the 4 cyl, but I can answer a few questions. Seats are very comfortable on long trips. The A/C is very cold and living in Phoenix I would know if it wasn't. When the rear seats are tumbled they will affect how far you can slide back the front seats. However the front seats go back pretty far before the tumbled back seats hit them so unless you're very tall you should be ok. The back seats do recline, but only a little (not all the way back). Cabin noise is average.. At 72 cubic feet with the rear seats tumbled the Outlander has one of the largest cargo capacities in it's class.
MY 08 Outlander has a latch on the rear seats you pull up on to tumble the seats. The strap on the back of the seats is pulled on to un-tumble them back into their regular position..

Mitsusbishi's S-AWC is best in class and only rivaled by much more expensive luxury models. You put good snow tires on and you won't have any problems.

Last edited by azjake; 06-22-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Thank you for your information. I live in CA so a bit hot as well.

I also want to find out if the outlander '12 has bluetooth or not.
It has the nav. But.. I heard some of them does not have it. Does having the call button on the steering wheel mean you have it? And does adding FUSE get you the blue tooth or how do you add it?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 PM

I'm pretty sure all Outlander steering wheels have the call button (mine does), but you still need a module installed for blue tooth capability. I think Mitsubishi just produces the one Outlander steering wheel with all the buttons to keep costs down. If an Outlander doesn't have the module from the factory I'm pretty sure you can have it installed at the dealer after the fact. Sorry, not really sure what adding FUSE gives you.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by azjake
I'm pretty sure all Outlander steering wheels have the call button (mine does), but you still need a module installed for blue tooth capability. I think Mitsubishi just produces the one Outlander steering wheel with all the buttons to keep costs down. If an Outlander doesn't have the module from the factory I'm pretty sure you can have it installed at the dealer after the fact. Sorry, not really sure what adding FUSE gives you.
I did some research and found this is a $600 module if you order new (as in when closing the deal). i am a bit upset this is not standard. So will just have to see if the Nav installed cars come with it.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:50 AM

Do the USA car seats do this?

Old 06-23-2012, 10:23 AM

Yes, the US front seats fully recline making them into a little bed. All you have to do is remove the headrests before reclining them. If you go to Cars, Crossovers, Coupes, Convertibles, Sedans & Electric / Mitsubishi Motors you can get all the details on the GT model and what's included in Nav.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM

so I verified these cars have no BT or USB port. Needs to be added.

So what I have found is that you buy the BT hands free kit, then add USB module which is the plug that goes into the center console box, then basically you have assembled the FUSE. Am I correct? Basically what it says here:

http://www.mitsupartsworld.com/Insta...LANDER_PG1.pdf

For some reason, it is $309 for 10-12 and $208 for earlier models
USB plug 134.95 part # MZ360331EX

And I was wondering if the US navigation have Canadian maps?
Sorry I searched all over but couldn't tell and dealer doesn't know the answer.

Last edited by OutlanderGT; 06-23-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM

From the instructions it looks like the whole setup. You have both the BT module and the microphone so you should be set. Pretty much all Nav/GPS systems sold in the US and Canada are going to come with North America maps (US, Canada, and Mexico). My Tom Tom does. You can call Mitsubishi customer service at 1-888-648-7820 (Mon-Fri 7AM-4PM PT) to verify this.

Quick Reply: Outlander question - new owner?