Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

paint coming off

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 PM

Lets clear this confusion up...Mitsubishi's Paint is fine but their clearcoat is bullcrap-the spots you see chipping is the clearcoating weakenining Not the paint....Its very common for mitsubishi and their dark color vehicles to have this problem.If vehicle is still covered by warranty they should legally repaint the vehicle for FREE! Or so I had for my eclipse at the time.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Default we are not alone

I have an 09 XLS, and yes this is an issue for sure. I also own a company that repairs this type of damage, and many other cars (Pontiac , Chev , Nissan, Audi, BMW, Ford, Kia, Saturn, Chrysler.......) have the same issues, all cause by road debris and the relentless sand blasting that the front wheels dish out on the paint.

To repair the existing damage we have our own non invasive method(no sanding or spraying needed), and for prevention there are a few ways to help this, first, clear bra material on the affected parts, front mud flaps, or running boards. My dealer installs clear bra material as a standard item, knowing that it's much less expensive to keep a customer, than to win one back.

At Your Service

Yvan

Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Default progress on the paint problem

I took the car back to the dealer and met with the corporate warranty guy. He tried to feed me some BS about the past really hard winter and that the region had used really sharp gravel. My body language must have told him I wasn't buying it because half way through he stopped and said lets go look at your car. He has agreed to fix the area in question and I have installed Romik side runners. I prefer my Outlander without them but if they keep the car from destrouing itself I have no choice. BTW, they fit pretty good and are a snap to install yourself if you don't mind lying on your back in the driveway.