Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Pause or mute audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Default RE: Pause or mute audio

Name:  Picture005-2.jpg
Views: 3586
Size:  110.3 KB

I have this set up. 2 volumes, 2 preset controlls, and 1 mode button. The mode button lets me go from xm to fm am to cd to aux.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: packlad

ORIGINAL: rcpax

It does not have a mute button alright, but you can switch between presets using ^ and v buttons.
I believe there are two (at least) different audio units used in the Outlanders. One allows for preset switching via the steering wheel controls, but the one I have does not.
Are you from the US? Because all units from the US get to have the ^ and v buttons on the steering wheel that will switch presets. And in the US market, they have only audio unit type installed for all vehicles sold, AFAIK.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:27 AM

Are you from the US? Because all units from the US get to have the ^ and v buttons on the steering wheel that will switch presets. And in the US market, they have only audio unit type installed for all vehicles sold, AFAIK.
My XLS was purchased in the US though it does have the J-VIN starter meaning it was made in Japan.

It has already been discussed in this forum in other threads that there are at least two audio head units (not counting the DVD navigation unit) used in 07 Outlanders. The user manual has seperate sections for the audio units. They look identical but are functionally different. The unit I have has ^ v steering wheel controls that only scan regardless of how you push or hold them.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: packlad

My XLS was purchased in the US though it does have the J-VIN starter meaning it was made in Japan.

It has already been discussed in this forum in other threads that there are at least two audio head units (not counting the DVD navigation unit) used in 07 Outlanders. The user manual has seperate sections for the audio units. They look identical but are functionally different. The unit I have has ^ v steering wheel controls that only scan regardless of how you push or hold them.
That I didn't know. I always thought it's the same audio unit. What I mean is same model for both those with and without Navi. I can't imagine having two different units for the Navi RF system. Maybe the ordinary radio (6cd changer) controls work in a different way than those with a Navi unit?