Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Seatbelt warning stereo mute

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Default Seatbelt warning stereo mute

Hi there just got my outlander (58 plate)its great but some things are annoying me firstly the seat belt warning buzzer can it be turned off dont mind it warning you when you are driving but it continuously buzzes even when you are stopped with handbrake on (i do wear the seatbelt normally but do loads of stop start on private land opening and closing gates etc.)
secondly is there a mute input to the stereo for when you receive a phone call on hands free as i have missed a few calls now, the stereo i have is the base cd player (single disc) with no external controls am loving this viehcle so far, any help appreciated
cheers H_R

Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Default RE: Seatbelt warning stereo mute

Ok first thing, no, you can not turn off the seatbelt buzzer/indicator.

Next, If you have the factory Bluetooth Hands Free system then when a call comes in it automatically mutes any multimedia that is currently playing (fm, cd, dvd, siruis). But if you have a aftermarket kit, then obviously it wont do this.

And no, there is no mute button (atleast on the MMCS) which I also whish it had... The easiest thing I have found is to just hit the power for the stereo. It turns on and off so fast that it is the closest thing to mute...

Old 12-22-2008, 04:51 PM

when you are not using the seat belt place it in the buckle and the sit on the belt, it will then think you are wearing the belt ? lol

Old 12-22-2008, 05:12 PM

There is actually a workaround to disable the seatbelt chime that was posted here before: https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_131454..._2/key_/tm.htm

But the pics are no longer online so I don't think it will be that useful as a reference. Plus you have to dig through a pile of BS before you get to the informative stuff. Good luck.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:45 PM

buckle up. I realize the entire second it takes is dreadful, but you're just gonna have to cope.