Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Disable Seatbelt Warning Chime - 05 Lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Default Disable Seatbelt Warning Chime - 05 Lancer ES

Now i know im going to get grief for this post so lets save it. I want to disable the seatblet warning chime in my 05 Lancer ES. its not that i dont where my seatbelt, its just that if im driving around a parking lot or through a drive through it drives me crazy. and once im stopped and idling it doesnt shut off for like 5 minutes... ACK!

i have read on this forum that taking the fuse out or pulling the wire under the seat (connected to the seat belt harness) would deactivate it.. but thats not the case in the 05's im guessing. all those methods do is throw a SRS Light in the cluster and Mitsu charges me 50$ to reset it.. damn robbers... appearently its hooked up with the airbag, so in some situations it wont dispurse the airbag when your not wareing your seatbelt in certain accidents.. (kindda dumb i think, but hey?)

I KNOW THERE IS A WAY!!! even the young punks at Mitsu say there is a way, but for liability reasons they wont tell me...

any help would be appreciated.

and again, please hold back your "wear your seatbelt comments" as its not going to answer my question...

Thanks so much....

Old 01-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Default RE: Disable Seatbelt Warning Chime - 05 Lancer ES

well mine finally turned off.....i had a wrench on the battery and a big spark happen and then it never came back on BAHAH