Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

prewired bluetooth stuff in '07 outlander

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Default prewired bluetooth stuff in '07 outlander

Hey,

to make this clear right at the beginning: I'm just a 17 years old girl from Austria. I don't know much about cars, except for the fact that I have just got my first one.
However, what I wanted to ask you is... my dad has just bought a 07 Outlander with that kind of prewired bluetooth kit for mobile phones, and I was supposed to connect his mobile with it... I've so far managed that but now my dad would like to know if there's any possibility of dialing manually, means, like on the mobile phone's keyboard? For we've read all through the damn manual, at the beginning it says something like you can make calls either through the simple pressing of a button or through voice commands... But they don't explain the first way at all!
So, all in all, how can you make calls without voice command, but still using the hands-free kit? I just don't get it... please help!!!

Greets, Christina

Old 10-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Default RE: prewired bluetooth stuff in '07 outlander

When you get your phone 'paired' with the hands free system, you can either voice (contacts need to be programed in to MMCS), dial through the MMCS screen (which I havent tried), OR dial the old fashion way with the actual phone ( I do every time).

Call like you normally do, select a contact and press send, or dial the # and send. Yep, that easy. When the call is made the Hands Free sys automatically picks up the call through the car. Pretty slick.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:02 PM

First, make sure it's all paired up. Then just dial on the phone's keypad as you would in a normal phone call. The BT interface will just then pick up the call when you're connected to the other line, and it will work now as hands-free. That's how it works with my Nokia phone.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:32 PM

Same here with verizon. Make a call and it transfers it to the blue tooth as soon as it starts to dial. You can also go to options on your cell phone when talking on bluetooth and transfer it to your cell phone and talk as your noramlly would.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:07 PM

You can also dial from the MMCS screen. Hit the "Info" button, then hit "Mobile Phone". There should now be a number pad and an indicator of whether or not you r phone is connected and has a signal.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:10 AM

you don't say if you have mmcs or just a normal radio. It will work with both and in EU cars everything their unlike cars in the USA which needs enabling by the dealer

The point of BT is the fact you can make calls on the move without dialing on a keypad which in most EU states is illegal in the UK you can be fined and get 3 points on your licence.

It does't take long to set the phone up, the onlything is that you have to make a phone directory in the car because you cannot use the phones contact list.

Puddy
ps your dealer should have programmed this for you and showed how it worked when handing the car over

Old 10-03-2007, 04:55 AM

Hey,

thank you a lot for all your answers... Well, I don't know what mmcs is, sry []
The problem is that we have already paired up the phone but the bluetooth doesn't pick up the calls you make if you dial on the phone's keypad.... But I'll try again today, thanks..
@Puddy: yes I know but our dealer didn't know how to handle it himself. Idiot. So my Dad, after two hours spent on trying to connect the phone, expected me to fix everything... [&:]
Also, I'm quite sure he won't use the phonebook of this kit because it can only have 32 entries - my dad is an estate agent and has more than 250 in his phone's phone book!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 AM

Is it the navigation head unit or the standard head unit with cd player?

Old 10-03-2007, 06:49 AM

Standard head unit I think