Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Problems with 2011 Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by ndj
....or buy a BMW instead
An you will cry all nights long recalling the happiest days of your life - days when you used to have a Mitsu, an reliable and inexpensive car backed up by the most professional and caring staff in the whole automotive world

Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 AM
ndj

Originally Posted by Vadimus
An you will cry all nights long recalling the happiest days of your life - days when you used to have a Mitsu, an reliable and inexpensive car backed up by the most professional and caring staff in the whole automotive world
I currently own 2 BMW's; one nearly new, one over 9 years old.

Both have been bullet proof reliable. The factory warranty has been cast iron. The dealer service has been no less than 100%.

Thats how it should be.

Last edited by ndj; 12-07-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by ndj
I currently own 2 BMW's; one nearly new, one over 9 years old.

Both have been bullet proof reliable. The factory warranty has been cast iron. The dealer service has been no less than 100%.

Thats how it should be.

I only speak as I find.
You mean heavy, rusty and easily crackable?

Well, you're the only one I've met giving such feedback for BMW.

Owning old BMW? Sell you organs, pay you repair bills - that's what I hear most from several X5 owners.

After all, the only thing that does matter is personal experience. Who cares about 100 others which are screwed when you are quite satisfied, and vice versa...

Old 12-07-2011, 10:48 AM
ndj

Originally Posted by Vadimus

After all, the only thing that does matter is personal experience. Who cares about 100 others which are screwed when you are quite satisfied, and vice versa...
Absolutely

My 9 year old is an M5 so even scarier than an X5. Need to sell children rather than organs to pay those repair bills...

Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM

Have you got the fix for the thumping and rattling noise at the rear of the outlander...Because bought a brand new 2011 Outlander but after driving for about 1500 kms I experienced the same problem..I thought I was the one who posted the post by racerock. The SUV has been in the service dealer almost every month trying to find the problem, it has been with three service dealer but they were not able to fix the problem... So I am just wondering if the thumping and rattling sound has been fixed and what they did to fix the problem. Because the solution or quick fix that the mechanic from the dealer suggested was to turn on a deaf ear which, people at the service dealer was good at...

Old 01-27-2012, 09:06 AM

I'll throw my two cents in about the noise. I had a 84 Dodge Daytona Turbo 5 speed, that I got over 300K miles on the origial turbo, clutch and exhaust before the floor pans rusted out and deer jumped in front of it.

I had a rattle or clunk in the rear that would show up when I went over bumps. It turned out that the rear stabilizer bar was not securely fastened on one side. But you could not see it or notice it when the car was on a lift, because it was "loaded" then, but I could move it about 1/16" when it was on the ground. Don't recall if it went away when I braked though, just a thought.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:07 AM

No...the noise is still there. Also after 1 year of owning this vehicle, the driver's window rattles and the glove box rattles. Having issues getting these items replaced. I should have stayed with my Camry!

Last edited by Racerock; 08-31-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-01-2012, 06:42 AM

If all else fails, 3m makes a product called "Squeek tape". It is adhesive on one side, sticks to where the squeek is ans ir goes away. Provides a bushing and something slippery between plastic pieces. No more squeek or rattle.

Available at most auto paint supply houses. I carry it at my Sherwin Williams store for a Toyota dealer. I'm on vacation and can't remember what the part no is. go to 3M Automotive-Collision repair on the web, it'll be in their on-line catalog.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM

The only Problem I have started to have is a Cold Starting Problem.. first time I start my car during the day. I tap the Start button and the cars starter is Cranking but it takes awhile for the car to Actually start. problem started like this at 5,500 miles .. I now have 6,400 miles and its still doing it. Anyone know of this Problem or has there been any recalls on this issue? (i live in Florida)

Last edited by youmadeyou; 12-04-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by youmadeyou
The only Problem I have started to have is a Cold Starting Problem.. first time I start my car during the day. I tap the Start button and the cars starter is Cranking but it takes awhile for the car to Actually start. problem started like this at 5,500 miles .. I now have 6,400 miles and its still doing it. Anyone know of this Problem or has there been any recalls on this issue? (i live in Florida)
Yup. Several people here have had this issue, myself included. There is a TSB for it, and it only involves reprogramming of the ECU to change some settings with the Crank Position Sensor. Your local dealer should be able to help you no problem & free of charge.