Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

PSA Engine "missing" when performing a DPF clean

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Default PSA Engine "missing" when performing a DPF clean

Hi , first post, I hope that someone might be able to suggest a possible cure to a problem we have with our 2010 2.2 DI-D PSA engined Outlander.
95% of the time it runs perfectly, but sometimes, normally on the motorway, whilst towing, but not always, it will start to "miss" around the 2500 rpm mark, if you put your foot down it will accelerate cleanly and smoothly , but when you lift your foot off, then it starts to miss again, it also sounds very rough, especially if you are towing up a hill at the same time.
The problem lasts for about 10 minutes, depending on traffic, longer if you are in a jam. It happens about every 400km, and I'm convinced that it only happens when the car is doing a PDF regeneration, as the fans are running as well.
The car has done 160,000 kms, regularly serviced (I change the oil every 5000km) recent new clutch, flywheel, timing belt, and all the filters have just been renewed. No fault codes are showing or stored.
The car is used for a combination of short trips to work during the week, with the occasional, caravan trip at the weekends, so not ideal for a modern diesel, I know, but I do try and take it for a fast blast up the Autobahn at the weekends for an hour
Any suggestions?? I was thinking a blocked or faulty EGR valve which is supposed to be closed during a DPF regen, and maybe its not closing completely letting some exhaust gas in, meaning it's not getting enough oxygen, whilst doing the DPF thing. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Kind Regards
Richard

Old 01-23-2018, 11:26 AM

Mine did this but seems to off cleared and not done it now for several months.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:39 AM

Hi horncock, did you solved your problem? What was the issue? Thanks and kind regards, Philippe