Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Sal
Default Questions...

I havent even gotten the vehicle yet and here I am asking questions already...

I got the VIN and it has Z for plant which means that it was manufactured at Okazaki plant. U is for Mizushima plant. I heard that okazaki plant just came online for building outlanders bound for Russia, North America. Mizushima has been building outlanders for a while now. Question is whether there will be any quality differences between the two? I heard Okazaki was on the verge of closure and has been revived since mizushima cant handle the volume.

Latest word is that its on a ship towards vancouver and will touch land on 14th. From then onto Toronto via Rail and dealership via truck. I am looking at 2 weeks at the least from today. Darn.

BTW, I kept changing colors from graphite to black and then after ordering black, changed it to silver. Today, I changed it to Aqua metallic. Now that I got the VIN, its fixed. So, the question is whether aqua marine color is a good choice or not? I saw in the pics from worldcarfans and liked it. Not sure how it will look in the real world as there is no aqua around here in dealer lots which are not many to begin with. Anyone like the aqua?

Old 02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
JMC
Default RE: Questions...

I used to love the Aqua until I saw it at the L.A. car show and under the lights it just looked really bad...so Black it went.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:59 AM

dude, as far as the color goes, you just need to pick what you like.
None of us has to live with you car everyday. We have to live with ours, and thats why we picked the colors we picked.
If you like it, thats all that matters.

as for quality issues, Remember this, the first year a car is out, there are generally alot more problems than for the same model produced 2 or more years down the line.
I dont know anyone that has bought a new outlander and hasnt had some sort of problem with it.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:01 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

dude, as far as the color goes, you just need to pick what you like.
None of us has to live with you car everyday. We have to live with ours, and thats why we picked the colors we picked.
If you like it, thats all that matters.

as for quality issues, Remember this, the first year a car is out, there are generally alot more problems than for the same model produced 2 or more years down the line.
I dont know anyone that has bought a new outlander and hasnt had some sort of problem with it.
Wrd bro!