Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Default Radio Problem

I have the sound package, no nav. My radio was acting up this weekend. It started when I turned my radio on and I had no sound at all. the display was working fine, I could hear the CD changer switch CDs. Everything seamed ok except for the sound.

When I got home, I pulled the radio fuse to see if that would help. The clock got reset, but still no sound. I did notice that when I turn the ignition I would hear a faintnoise coming from the speaker for about 4 sec, the odd thing is that I got the sound no matter if the radio was on or off.

Alittle latter I tried it again, this time I got a loud noise, so loud that it hurt my ears, and turn the volume off didn't change the noise, I had to turn off the radio completely.

I was going to call the dealer this morning to setup an appointment, but guess what? the radio is working perfectly this morning.

I'm going to call them anyways, in case it's a known issue. Any had a similar experience?

My kids are very good at dragging lots of snow in the car, and I'm concerned that the Amp under the passenger seat might have gotten wet, it's not very well placed for Nordic climates.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Default RE: Radio Problem

theirs a recall for outlanders iffitted with electric seat heaters i.e snow/water under front seats and its a urgent recall

puddy

Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Default RE: Radio Problem

Your technician will just need to relocate the wiring harness under the seats just in case somebody dips their vehicle in salt water, or melted snow from their boots mixed with salt from the roads. No parts to replace, just relocate the harness position. Recall campaign starts April 08.

now for the thread related topics.....