Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

the raider sucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Default the raider sucks

i went to test drive and try to buy this weekend and well all i have to say is that it sucks. Dont get me wrong it does have its good points but overall i dont like it. First is the supposedly strong v8. oh my god i have never drove a more underpowered v8 in my life. It is slow off the line and it really doesnt pull that strong from a cruising speed. second is the dash layout. the dial for the 4wd is located practically under the dash and u cannot make out which is 2wd and 4wd high or low. It seems a bit roomier than the outlander but really not by much. it is a bit over priced being a 2006 frontier or tacoma quad cab with a stronger v6 than the dodge v8 is priced in the low 21000's and the raider is 24000 with a v6. it is nice but after all it is not my cup of tea. i think i will just stay with the outtie and turbo charge it and lower it. besides they wanted me to put 6k down when a turbo kits is 3k and then i can lower with the left over money. looks like i will be making a trip to los angeles to pick up my turbo kit

Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Default RE: the raider sucks

at least its a first hand report.

I thikn I'll do the same and just put my money to other use

Old 10-03-2005, 11:36 PM

wow....just what i thought. under powered V8, thnx for that info. (i, already figured that one out, thundra kicks more power...nissan titan kick butt..and the raider...more agressive looks but under powered.) weessshhhh whats wrong w/ mitsu??? again, a horse with no name....

Old 10-04-2005, 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: wicked_outlander
again, a horse with no name....
or any pick up

Old 10-04-2005, 07:57 AM

The Mitsu Raider is a rebadged Dodge Dakota with a cosmetic facelift and a better warranty. It's using the same powertrain as the Durango and has very little Mitsubishi technology in it. Luckily, they're using one of Dodge's more reliable powertrain combinations or it would REALLY suck.

Joel, CA

Old 10-04-2005, 12:18 PM

wow.....

Old 10-04-2005, 01:19 PM
JMC

Well this just sucks! I don't know if I even want to see this thing now. I was going for the V8 for the power. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:16 PM

so much for the waiting days....[] now am' thinking of 06 clipse. hell thats another oversized engine, uhh well its powerfull than the raider though....lol

Old 10-06-2005, 05:19 AM

^ LOL

Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 AM

ya' knoe what?? just my opinion, nissan titan still kick butt. the engine, power and style...i,mean if the raider will pump up more than 300 h.p. hey, sure raider will be on top of the japanese production trucks. but again, its a bad-bad-bad dream!!!![sm=shootshoot.gif]

Quick Reply: the raider sucks