Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear Aux Input & DVD Audio

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Default Rear Aux Input & DVD Audio

Hi
I have a '07 Outlander with the Mitsubishi DVD player and also the rear Aux inputs at the bottom of the arm rest console. I do not have the MMCS.
I canplug a MP3 player into the rear AUX input, and this works fine, until the kids in the back want to watch the DVD player at the same time. When the DVD player is playing, the rear AUX inputs no longer feed through to the head unit, all I can listen to is the soundtrack from the DVD.
Is there any way that I can disconnect the rear AUX inputs from the DVD player? I have no intention of ever connecting a games console etc to the rear DVD screen, so I do not really need the two to be connected. I also have no need to listen to the DVD player through the main speakers as the kids always use the wireless headphones. However, I do want to be able to listen to my iPod through the main speakers, whilst the kids watch a DVD using their headphones.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks
Ben