Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear (back side door) windows on 07 XLS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Default Rear (back side door) windows on 07 XLS

2007 XLS- Back windows come out of their trackswhenclosing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Default RE: Rear (back side door) windows on 07 XLS

Hi Folks!
I have a 2007 XLS and am having a fairly major problem... My back windows come out of their tracks regularly when being closed from being completely open. When this occurs, it damages the pillar blackout tape (and, of course, you run the risk of breaking the window).
1. This was a "known issue" at the dealer when I purchased the vehicle, and was apparently resolved. Since I bought the vehicle approaching winter, I never had the need to open the back windows.
2. This past spring, it happened again. I brought the car to a different dealer and they said they "fixed" it. Unfortunately, it happened again.
3. Last week, the dealer replaced both window regulators (and tracks, apparently this is a combined piece) to no avail. I got home and it is still happening...

Anyone else out there having a similar problem? Any suggestions? It's really frustrating not being able to use the back windows.

Thanks!
Cougster

Old 08-11-2008, 10:23 PM

Considering its supposedly been fixed 3 times, but is still failing, I would call mitsu and demand to meet or at least talk to a factory rep. Not just someone at the mitsu call center who answers the phone, but an actual factory rep who travels to the dealers to resolve problems like these. I assume the dealers are being reimbursed by mitsu to fix this known problem so I would think after paying 3 times mitsu would want to get this resolved.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:35 PM

I am not surprised! I had to go through some simple part replacements (due to a vandalism) at the dealership and when I received my car I found that some parts were not installed correctly so I had to push them in and correct their screw-ups, I pointed out this fact to the manager. I could have done the whole thing myself ifthey paid me.Something similar is happening to your car, I ampretty sure. They hire complete newbies over there and/or poorly trained people to cut their overhead costs.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 AM

I have had the exact same thing happen to me twice. When the window starts going up it needs to flip forward, other wise it will not follow the track.Any slight resistance on the back of the window will prevent it for going up properly, in my case I have a 4 year old that just happened to have his fingers pushing against in inside of the window, and it was enough to cause the problem. The last time it happened it put a big slice in the rubber molding. I will be talking to my dealer about at the next interval. I think that it's just a weak design, or something in the mechanism that needs to be adjusted. My dealer prides themselves on fixing things the first time, so we'll see what they say..... BTW I had to take the car in 3 times for them to fix the radio![sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM
tcp

Had the same problem a couple of months ago. Had it at the dealer a couple of times until they ordered the correct parts and managed to fix the problem.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 AM

Do you have the details of what they have done or replaced?

Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 AM
tcp

The first time around they ordered a regulator, it didn't fix the problem. They then ordered the weatherstripping around the window frame and that helped. It think the problem was that the window would push out of the weatherstripping on the way up.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:38 PM

Good luck on this fix! I have had the same problem (right rear) since the first day off the lot last year. The dealer replaced the track first than"elongated" one of the bolt holes (do not know which one) on my last visit. They tell me the window design has no adjustments. Did not work. I have another appt this wednesday to replace another part and to replace the damaged B pillar applique.Looks like a design problem with our Outlander...probably is not going to be a recall though. Maybe a TSB by Mitsubishi is in order?
I am glad it is not the front window!!

Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Don’t you think if this was a common issue they would already have TSB for this? I personally opened rear windows maybe 5 times over the year and didn’t notice any issues.

On the other hand I think that reading this forum creates unnecessary worry about our cars. I would’ve overlooked many issues if I didn’t read stuff like that. ?

Quick Reply: Rear (back side door) windows on 07 XLS