Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear Washer Fluid Spray

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Default Rear Washer Fluid Spray

Hello, I'm new here.
I have a 2010 Outlander, my rear washer fluid no longer sprays. Whenever I hit the fluid switch I can hear the pump working, but nothing spraying. There is no additional reservoir for the rear fluid and I'm thinking I may have a disconnection somewhere. Any thoughts or suggestions as to where to start looking?

Old 04-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Default Chasing the washer fluid

I had some rodents get into my car a few years back (landlord had stopped replacing the traps on a regular basis). They at the lines under the hood and almost all the way back to the hatch. The line to the rear starts at the base of the motor (it runs one way and pumps to the hood, the other way pumps to the back). Then through the passenger fender and comes into the pax compartment from under the passenger kick plate trim under the dash and follows a channel under the two door sills. Then it hops up into the back cargo area under the giant plastic wall, threads it's way up the passenger D pillar and through the springy tube into the hatch. Good luck, hopefully it's one of the easy spots up front or under the doors.