Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

remote windows

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Default remote windows

Hi every one thought i would share this with you outtie lovers. Was reading about the windows on removing them and found out that , if your windows are down and you take the igintion key out and walk away and think fxxk windows open press the remote locking button twice and hold for one second and all the windows close. How cool is that.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:24 AM
Default RE: remote windows

I wonder how many Mitsus have that option... What year outtie?

Old 08-25-2007, 05:57 AM

That is a pretty cool feature. My brother's Audi has that too and the role down feature (using the key to unlock the door and hold it in the unlock position until windows are down). Gadget features that are cool IMO.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 AM

Hmm, I tried this with my 07 XLS and it didn't seem to work. I tried 3 presses and hold and 2 presses and hold and got nothing. My 350z does do this though wuth one single press and hold. Can anyone else confirm or is the for the first gen Outlander?

Edit: I noticed your in Europe, so maybe that is only for the Euro models. Can anyone stateside confirm this?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:23 AM
ash

Tried it on my UK Warrior Spec and it works. Next best feature next to the remote folding mirrors.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:18 PM

I think I read this was only for Euro models. I'll try it later today on my US model.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Someone needs to come up with a computer reflash for us stateside folks, we need this cool eureo stuff!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:14 PM

Doesnt work on my USA model. Another feature we got ripped off for.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:49 PM

That wouldn't be too bad. I always close my windows any way. Would have been nice to have it for free, but I ain't gonna pay the extra cash like the Europeans do for toys and extra features like that. I mean, how often do I need to do that? And if you forgot to close the window, there's a great likelihood you wouldn't even know you forgot (that's why you forgot about it in the first place).

Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

That wouldn't be too bad. I always close my windows any way. Would have been nice to have it for free, but I ain't gonna pay the extra cash like the Europeans do for toys and extra features like that. I mean, how often do I need to do that? And if you forgot to close the window, there's a great likelihood you wouldn't even know you forgot (that's why you forgot about it in the first place).
You get less extra's because you only pay less if my outlander on a like for like basis would cost you $42000 and you get a 3litre engine and my UK only gets a 2liter diesel you get an auto box wth flappy paddles we only get a 6 speed manual you get a 5 year warranty we only get 3 years you get leather we get cloth trim.

The US government give you protected lemon laws we in the UK don't

You get my point?

Puddy

Quick Reply: remote windows