Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Replacing the NAV with Aftermarket one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Default Replacing the NAV with Aftermarket one?

Hello, I have an '07 Outlander XLS 4WD V6 with the 30GB HDD Nav / Rockford Fosgate audio system.

Recently I had a slight accident and although the car was not damaged on the outside and no one was hurt, a hard object flew into the screen of the Nav system and shattered it.

I contacted my local dealer service center and asked if it was possible to only get the screen replaced and he said no and that I would need to purchase a whole new Nav system. He estimated the total price of that including installation would be about $2900.

So, I thought about it and figured, if I really need to buy a whole new Nav system why not find one other than the same one that came with the car and go for an aftermarket Nav. So I did a little research and found that there are some really NICE double-din sized Nav systems out there that are packed with way more features than the one I got the car with.

So here is my question... Has anyone out there had any experience with replacing their factory installed 30GB HDD Nav headunit with an alternate aftermarket Nav headunit?

To be specific, the actual unit I want to install in replace of the shattered one I have now is the JVC KW-NX7000. It's an awsome unit with a heapload of features that I always wished the factory installed Navi could do. Such as onscreen iPod integration which allows you to view album artwork and playback/control audio & video from your iPod on the headunit, MP3 playback from an SD card or MP3 formatted CD/DVD, Live Traffic Updades on a 3D Nav Map, etc. etc. The best part about it is that it's only about $1100! Now that's a bargain compared to what Mitsubishi is charging for the 30GB HDD Navi. By the way I don't even u s e the 30GB HDD. It's way too annoying in my opinion.

So basically, the bottom line is if I must pay for a whole new unit, I'd rather the JVC KW-NX7000. But I really need to know if it can be installed in replace of the Mitsu 30GB HDD Nav. Any one know the answer to this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Default RE: Replacing the NAV with Aftermarket one?

I would be interested in this answer too. Anyone got any info??

Old 07-30-2008, 01:05 AM

PRsolNYC, hi. In this forum is instalations of units 2DIN different from the MMCS;, some of the threads that I could locate and that will be to you of utility are the following:

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_188663..._2/key_/tm.htm
(RE: HELP!!! IS THERE A KIT 4 AFTERMARK. 2DIN NAV??????????)

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_224611/tm.htm
(my stereo)

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_225299/tm.htm
(my navs in with RF audio)

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_188663..._1/key_/tm.htm
(Final pics of Aftermarket NAV install)

Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 AM

Pioneer AVIC F900BT as a suggestion.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 PM

OK well I have made up my mind and decided that I'm going to purchase the JVC KW-NX7000 and some of it's optional features. I will most likely buy it online somewhere.

Now all I need to do is find me an installer that is capable of handling this install.

I live in Bronx NY but would be willing to travel up to an hour to find a good installer.

Do any of you have any suggestions or recommendations? I would greatly appreciate this as I am trying to get this done as soon as this weekend if possible.

Thanks in advance.