Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Road Race CAI in Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Default Road Race CAI in Outlander Sport

Has anyone used the Road Race CAI on an Outlander Sport? Very interested in upping the power just a bit in my Sport and was wondering what the gains were for HP and fuel economy.

Outlander Sport/RVR RRM Short Ram Intake [Outlander Sport/RVR SRI] - $229.00 : Road Race Motorsports, Mitsubishi Suzuki Fiat Hyundia Performance Parts

Old 01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

No, but I know they make great products.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:15 PM

Seems like a much more reasonably priced CAI than Colt Speed. Is Road Race on the forum?

Old 01-12-2012, 04:03 AM

I would love to hear a sound clip of one of these with the CVT in auto. Aftermarket intake has always been my first mod but I'm afraid this sound would drive me nuts.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by lemming
I would love to hear a sound clip of one of these with the CVT in auto. Aftermarket intake has always been my first mod but I'm afraid this sound would drive me nuts.
With how underpowered the Sports are I thought for sure that SOMEONE on the boards would have tried this thing. I am going to contact Road Race next. I will keep everyone updated.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM

I doubt it would do much, especially on a whimpy 4cyl like we have.

I have a CAI on my Turbo cx-7, maybe get 10whp.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 AM

The emails with Road Race are as follows:

Hello,

I own a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and am very interested in the
RVR/Sport Ram Air Kit you are offering. As this seems to be a new product,
and I cannot find much information or reviews on your web page or even any
of the forums, I was hoping you could help. Do you have any videos of how
the Ram Air kit sounds inside the vehicle? I know most have a 'sucking'
noise, and, well, the Outlander Sports are already very loud inside. Also,
do you have any dyno numbers on horsepower gains? Any information on fuel
economy gains? Basically, why should I buy this Ram Air? I desperately
want to improve performance on my vehicle, and I am just looking for some
evidence that this product will do that.
I do not have videos like that, sorry. There are some dynos of this on the Lancer around the internet but basically expect 5-10% gains, better response and better mileage. Lets say it is as good as anything out there for this engine and therefore doing this will work fine. Also our timing controller will be another good product to get you best performance and no issues. I will have someone call you to answer questions and take an order if need be.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
The emails with Road Race are as follows:
better milleag only onhighway, in city it actually is worse....

Old 04-21-2012, 04:40 PM

I to was thinking about getting this intake for my new 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sports. Did any of you get this intake yet and if so how is it? Better performance, better mileage?

Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Roger Light Jr
I to was thinking about getting this intake for my new 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sports. Did any of you get this intake yet and if so how is it? Better performance, better mileage?
I skipped the pricey intake after reading many of the reviews on the Lancer forums. General consensus was that the short ram intake is too close to the motor and exhaust and that the hot air it draws in more hurts performance/economy than helps. Also, a very common complaint was that it is ridiculously loud durring acceleration.

I bought a K&N Drop-In high flow panel filter for like $40 shipped. I have noticable gains in throttle response and acceleration, and VERY noticable gains in fuel economy. I have actually seen damn near a 3 MPG increase. The fliter is re-useable, it was cheap, and took longer to open the shipping box than it did to instal it. The only downside I have come across, is that it is in fact a bit loud when the MIVEC kicks in, and not neccesarily a nice, good, throaty loud. It's more a loud hum. So if you keep your foot off the skinny pedal a bit more it is nice and quiet, but when you need to pass, it gives you just that wee bit of pep that really isn't enough to make a difference anyways lol.

Here is the link to the intake. Well worth the $40, mine has almost paid for itself in fuel savings alone: Amazon.com: K&N 33-2392 Air Filter: Automotive

Quick Reply: Road Race CAI in Outlander Sport