Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Road Race CAI in Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
I skipped the pricey intake after reading many of the reviews on the Lancer forums. General consensus was that the short ram intake is too close to the motor and exhaust and that the hot air it draws in more hurts performance/economy than helps. Also, a very common complaint was that it is ridiculously loud durring acceleration.

I bought a K&N Drop-In high flow panel filter for like $40 shipped. I have noticable gains in throttle response and acceleration, and VERY noticable gains in fuel economy. I have actually seen damn near a 3 MPG increase. The fliter is re-useable, it was cheap, and took longer to open the shipping box than it did to instal it. The only downside I have come across, is that it is in fact a bit loud when the MIVEC kicks in, and not neccesarily a nice, good, throaty loud. It's more a loud hum. So if you keep your foot off the skinny pedal a bit more it is nice and quiet, but when you need to pass, it gives you just that wee bit of pep that really isn't enough to make a difference anyways lol.

Here is the link to the intake. Well worth the $40, mine has almost paid for itself in fuel savings alone: Amazon.com: K&N 33-2392 Air Filter: Automotive
Thanks for the reply! You saved me $229 :-p. I previously had a Lancer GTS and had put in the intake so I was looking for one for my new outlander sport. I noticed a big difference in performance when I bought the intake for my Lancer GTS. But I don't want the intake if that's what it will do to my Outlander Sport LOL. No wonder why RMM won't reply back to any of my emails about this intake :-p

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM

Is the GTS the same 2.0L as the sport? Most of the reviews I read had good impressions at first, but later sold the intake for a better choice. If your Lancer GTS was a 2.0 then this intake should give you the exact same results. It is litterally the exact same intake.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Default Please help ????

Does Anyone know if I install lower spring in my 2011 outlander sport it will void my warranty..??

Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bankkk
Does Anyone know if I install lower spring in my 2011 outlander sport it will void my warranty..??
YES my dealer did say it will void any warranty you have related to the suspension.
But I can see them use this to argue some of other stuff that could also be voided as well.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 AM

thank you