Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rockford Fosgate Audio and sound cut after few minutes

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 06:47 AM
Unhappy Rockford Fosgate Audio and sound cut after few minutes

Hello,
I’ve got a 2011 Outlander with the Rockford Fosgate audio system.
When I start my car everything works : sound is good, all speaker work, bluetooth ok...In the hidden Menu, I can check all speakers and all of these are OK.

After few minutes (sometime 5min, sometimes 2min, sometimes 30s...), sound completly cut (on all speaker)...I can change music mode, change radio, but no sounds from speakers !!
In the hidden Menu, I can check all speakers BUT all of these are KO (no sound/bip).
Front console seems OK but it looks like the ampli goes in security mode...
It arrived even if car stay in place...

If I do a full restart of car, sound come back...for only few minutes another...!

I don't think it's a wired/default masse speakers pb because it's works only few minutes and cut whereas no mouvements...
If I replace ampli, not sure it solves pb...

Any ideas ? Other test I can do ?

Old 02-25-2020, 09:41 AM

Sounds like the amp under the passenger seat is getting hot and shutting off. Does it have adequate ventilation? Did it get wet? It's not in the greatest place for protection with the possibility of passengers' feet being all over it.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:04 AM

Thanks @copyboy311 for your answer

At the beginning I think this too because it still arrived since I brought somme passengers, but I' checked and amp is not hot and there is nothing covering the device...

Old 02-27-2020, 09:49 AM

Instead of sinking into a guess game I would rather recommend that the OP should download the service and repair manual from this link (I believe the latest link works). It is in this very forum. There can be a lot of reasons for the behavior described. The manual offers trouble shooting algorithms, so one can pinpoint the problem. I would also read potential DTC codes. A cheap code reader can be purchased from $10 from ebay.
Good luck!

Old 09-05-2021, 02:34 PM
Default I have the same problem

Hello, i have the same problem as you described, did you figur it out? What did hou have to do?

Old 09-08-2021, 04:36 AM

Hello, I have'nt any error/warning code with DTC reader (personal or in constructor garage)...
I opened ampli box under the seat, check connectors or if humidity, heated components, welding problem in electonic motherboard but nothing discovered...

So Pb not solved, but since summer I've change my vehicule...
Good luck !