Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Roof mounted flip down DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Default Roof mounted flip down DVD player

Does anybody know if a roof mounted flip down DVD player can be fitted if you have a sun roof fitted also?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM

Yes, there is a DVD flip-down player from Mitsubishi that can be install with a sunroof.
In Canada, the XLS model comes with sunroof, and if you want the DVD/Navi, it can be install. (Thats what I have on my Outie)

Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM

I have looked in the cavity between the inner lining and the sun roof and there seems nothing to bolt to, mitsubishi will probably want an arm and a leg for there unit, not to mention the fitting, I was hoping to buy one somewhere else and fit it myself, if you get anything from the dealer here in the UK they usually take your eyeballs out

Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 AM

Is yours the second gen outlander? I have an 07 LS with the sound and sun package and yes it does have the dvd on the roof right behind the sunroof. The dvd itself is well over a thousand dollars from the dealer......install probably not included.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 AM

yes alim mine is the 2nd gen outy

Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by toonlander
Does anybody know if a roof mounted flip down DVD player can be fitted if you have a sun roof fitted also?
I have a Outlander with sunroof, and YES, is possible to install OEM or aftermarket dvd for seconds seats, (I installed the OEM); in both cases you will have to run some wires to be able to enjoy audio/video from dvd to MMCS, or only audio from dvd to CD player, through the speakers of the Outtie.
In the case of RES, the installation isn't complicated, perhaps yourself could install it, in the case of dvd aftermarket, the better option is a installer

Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 PM

I was curious as to what it was secured to, there does'nt seem to be anything there to bolt it to

Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 AM

I have a UK Outlander with a Mitsubishi fitted unit. The unit they install is the overhead system made by Rosen.

You might be able to source one through another supplier and save on the dealer mark up.

http://www.rosenentertainment.com/index.htm

Found the unit for £149.99 at the below web site.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...a7_p-22533.htm

Last edited by lozcart; 03-27-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by toonlander
I was curious as to what it was secured to, there does'nt seem to be anything there to bolt it to
In Spain installed an aftermarker overhead DVD for second seats; here are frame's details to fit the DVD and spare connector to OEM RES. To install OEM RES, installation kit contain a template to make a cut in headlining. Look in the next thread, there is good information about subject:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...highlight=jsrd
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...highlight=jsrd

Attached Thumbnails Roof mounted flip down DVD player-framedvd.jpg  

Last edited by jsrd; 03-27-2009 at 10:58 AM.