Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Roof rack for 2014 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 02:49 AM

Based on this old thread I found out that the Mitsubishi roof rack MZ314636 was the same as a Thule, and I was able to find them for a good price on eBay Canada. It fits my base model 2017 outlander (that doesn’t come with the roof rails) perfectly, and no issues at all with noise and they look great! They are indeed made by Thule as some parts even say Thule and made in Sweden on the inside. I am looking forward to transporting canoes, lumber, etc. The instal was easy and they came with all the tools needed except scissors.

Last edited by Victoriabc; 10-28-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:10 PM

I just bought the mz314636 roof racks, but stumped on how to fit them??? My 2017 outlander does have silver roof rails, do they need to be removed??? I can't find any help on youtube.... I'm generally pretty handy with car part fitting, but this just doesn't seem correct??? maybe i have the wrong roof rack? please help

Old 10-29-2019, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Jazwinski
I just bought the mz314636 roof racks, but stumped on how to fit them??? My 2017 outlander does have silver roof rails, do they need to be removed??? I can't find any help on youtube.... I'm generally pretty handy with car part fitting, but this just doesn't seem correct??? maybe i have the wrong roof rack? please help
Unfortunately, the version you bought does not fit your vehicle. Before purchasing I would recommend to conduct a thorough search as many sellers use dubious notations like the one in Amazon (for vehicles with roof accommodations). Every vehicle needs some sort of accommodation: either fixed points or roof rails, so that statement does not carry any value. You need to purchase cross bars that are for vehicles with roof rails (search this label specifically, the MZ314635 is the OEM part no you need). If you buy aftermarket ones do not forget to specify the year of the vehicle as the roof rail profile is different for the 2nd generation Outlander that have elevated roof rails unlike yours. See this ad for example, that is unambiguous and helpful.
If you had read the post just above yours you would have been able to avoid this inconvenience as "Victoriabc" clearly specified that the model you purchased fits vehicles without roof rails. Here is another link for the model you purchased that is also dubious as some models listed in the fitment clearly have roof rails
from Mitsubishi Parts
Bottom line: do your homework before you buy any item and do not thrust the sellers' description.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
Unfortunately, the version you bought does not fit your vehicle. Before purchasing I would recommend to conduct a thorough search as many sellers use dubious notations like the one in Amazon (for vehicles with roof accommodations). Every vehicle needs some sort of accommodation: either fixed points or roof rails, so that statement does not carry any value. You need to purchase cross bars that are for vehicles with roof rails (search this label specifically, the MZ314635 is the OEM part no you need). If you buy aftermarket ones do not forget to specify the year of the vehicle as the roof rail profile is different for the 2nd generation Outlander that have elevated roof rails unlike yours. See this ad for example, that is unambiguous and helpful.
If you had read the post just above yours you would have been able to avoid this inconvenience as "Victoriabc" clearly specified that the model you purchased fits vehicles without roof rails. Here is another link for the model you purchased that is also dubious as some models listed in the fitment clearly have roof rails
from Mitsubishi Parts
Bottom line: do your homework before you buy any item and do not thrust the sellers' description.
Resurrecting the old thread since we're looking for roof racks for my brother's Outlander.
Has anybody tried racks from Thule (found them at rackadvisor)? How good are these?

Last edited by peraspera; 02-05-2021 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by peraspera
Resurrecting the old thread since we're looking for roof racks for my brother's Outlander.
Has anybody tried racks from Thule (found them at rackadvisor)? How good are these?
Thule racks are excellent. The OEM rack system is made by Thule, so if you order from the dealer that's what you'll get. It's basically a pair of Thule AeroBlade bars with the appropriate foot kit depending on whether you have the factory 'rails' that run inline with the roof, or not.