Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Roof Rack - 2019 Outlander Sport LE

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 10:05 PM
Default Roof Rack - 2019 Outlander Sport LE

Hi All,

Total Newbie to this ride here. I traded in my HATED 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk on a 2019 Outlander Sport LE. The LE does not come with roof rails. I see that Mitsubishi offers roof racks that appear to install without roof rails. Looks to install in what they call the factory accommodations (2 removable pieces on each side of the roof trim)

Has anybody tried this rack kit? Part number is: MZ314504 Assuming this part is what I believe it to be, is this something that you take on and off or is it more of a permanent fixture?

Thanks
Jeff

Old 03-25-2019, 09:17 AM

Hello and welcome!
It would be a permanent install, your highway mpg would suffer and you would get some extra noise at highway speeds (even if it is not in use). I would recommend to install side rails and get easily removable crossbars that you would only put on when you really need to carry some load. Please check out post #875 in the Outlander Sport Forum .You can see my own DIY solution there and also some links to other designs and discussions listing pros and cons of various aftermarket offerings.
Good luck.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
Hello and welcome!
It would be a permanent install, your highway mpg would suffer and you would get some extra noise at highway speeds (even if it is not in use). I would recommend to install side rails and get easily removable crossbars that you would only put on when you really need to carry some load. Please check out post #875 in the Outlander Sport Forum .You can see my own DIY solution there and also some links to other designs and discussions listing pros and cons of various aftermarket offerings.
Good luck.
Great info - thank you.