Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

RRM underdrive pulley

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Default RE: RRM underdrive pulley

Why no warranty? It seems the manufacturer didn't do a long term test on this product before marketing it.

"Will this affect your warranty?
As with any modification there is always a possibility that there could be unseen effects where problems could be caused. It is up to you to do the bait and switch method when going in for service although I doubt this would really matter. These pulleys are balanced and should cause no engine damage or warranty concerns when at service. As always any damages resulting from modifications are the responsibility of the owner of the car and I will reserve no rights to any liability from damage this pulley could cause on your vehicle.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:16 PM

It takes less than an hour to install it, so if you think you will have any issues with the dealer just put the original back.[8D]

Old 05-19-2007, 12:53 AM

manybrews,

those of us who've added this mod all feel it's increased the driveability of the 4g69. i don't pretend to be an expert, but i believe your concerns about the ac compressor and alternator are minor as the drag you mention is not a product of their respective rpm's, but of demand so to speak, and would really only affect the car in extended, really extended, idle periods. also re: the alternator, you'd only have to worry about 'full field' with underdrive if your voltage regulator is faulty, during, again, an extremely extended idle period.

however, your point re: an undamped pulley is well taken, but it's something i'm only concerned about when banging the gears to accelerate briskly to highway speeds reminds me, first, that i have the pulley because the car feels faster, and second, because that throttle-by-wire gizmo causes rough shifting which feels like it can
cause alot of crank shock. so, i have to say i agree with you on the damper....but that pulley does help the
4g69 'feel' nicer than stock....