Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

RVR and TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 10:04 AM
Default RVR and TPMS

This is pertaining to a 2014 Outlander Sport (RVR)

The question has been asked often about how to get rid of the annoying warning especially when swapping tires but something never asked is:
1. What aftermarket TPMS sensors work with the system (amazon or rockauto link appreciated) and more importantly
2. What aftermarket scanners will work for relearning/programming. I know there are some that have the MUT-III but is there something cheaper nowadays?
Getting to a dealer twice a year to deal with the annoyance is unacceptable and not worth my spare time and I find it grating everytime it flags (maybe it is OCD...) so I am willing to pony up and get sensors all around (one of the OEM also failed on my summer rims so I will need to replace it as well)

Or am I completely out of luck?
TIA

Old 01-03-2022, 10:52 AM

what about junk yards? I'm pretty sure they didn't change types from year to year. I have alerts from the local pick a part every time an Outlander is brought in and I can run up there and snag things I want

Old 01-03-2022, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by binzd
what about junk yards? I'm pretty sure they didn't change types from year to year. I have alerts from the local pick a part every time an Outlander is brought in and I can run up there and snag things I want
Not a bad idea for getting the sensors but what I am looking for is if there is a decent aftermarket tool that will do the updating. From what I believe the car only keeps track of 4 tires at any one time. If I get sensors in my winter rims it will mean whenever I change out the tires the system needs to be updated.

Old 01-03-2022, 11:05 AM

true, true, I've been lucky that mine are still the original and working (knock on wood) - there's quite a few rabbit holes to fall down on the topic of programming, maybe a good tire store would be a place to call and ask, as they deal with all sorts of makes, models and angry customers - even if it was for a reprogram probably not as expensive as the dealers

Old 01-04-2022, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by rikkards
This is pertaining to a 2014 Outlander Sport (RVR)

The question has been asked often about how to get rid of the annoying warning especially when swapping tires but something never asked is:
1. What aftermarket TPMS sensors work with the system (amazon or rockauto link appreciated) and more importantly
2. What aftermarket scanners will work for relearning/programming. I know there are some that have the MUT-III but is there something cheaper nowadays?
Getting to a dealer twice a year to deal with the annoyance is unacceptable and not worth my spare time and I find it grating everytime it flags (maybe it is OCD...) so I am willing to pony up and get sensors all around (one of the OEM also failed on my summer rims so I will need to replace it as well)

Or am I completely out of luck?
TIA
Regarding scanner. I bought MUT-III from AliExpress for a $300 and so far so good. No more visits to dealer for service! If you plan to use car for some years then it is good invesment. You will be able to calibrate things like "fuel small quantity injection", reset unresetable (with other scanners) errors like with DPF/catalytic converter etc etc.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by daem0n
Regarding scanner. I bought MUT-III from AliExpress for a $300 and so far so good. No more visits to dealer for service! If you plan to use car for some years then it is good invesment. You will be able to calibrate things like "fuel small quantity injection", reset unresetable (with other scanners) errors like with DPF/catalytic converter etc etc.
I thought about it but I also want other vehicle support.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:26 AM

The Autel MaxiTPMS TS508. I used it on several Mitsubishi Lancers, Outlanders, and Outlander Sports (a.k.a.: RVRs) without any problems. The free lifetime software updates and the OBD-II relearn coverage are excellent. However, if you plan on buying aftermarket programmable TPMS sensors, the only option with the MaxiTPMS series is Autel's MX Sensors (315, 433, or 1-Sensor). Otherwise, the tool can also read direct-fit OEM sensors, direct-fit aftermarket sensors, and programmable sensors that are already programmed by another TPMS sensor programming tool.