New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello from Cambridge Ontario Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Default Hello from Cambridge Ontario Canada

I found this forum in my frustration of finding a way to disable the TPMS system. I hope everyone reading this get a laugh!

I own (almost regretably now) a 2012 RVR. The vehicle itself isn't bad, other than suspension that bottoms out way too easy and not so very smart rain sensing wipers.

I knew I'd be risking things by buying a Mitsu - but thought it would do well in the winter. Dealer service hours are ridiculous, with insufficient bays and mechanics to provide even adequate service. I should have known better.

I bought winter tires and source my own 16"RIM and tires 235/16 which they said would not work - happy to say they are fine. But doing so without the TPMS valves has introduced me to the ever persistent TPMS warning system and Mitsubishi's policy to not make this non-critical warning system (read the manual - it even says so there) something an owner can simply turn on or off at will.

The fees for the TPMS valves and programming is outright theft. I am not a happy camper - in fact if I could get my money back I'd take it run like the wind. This will be my LAST Mitsubishi - I don't care how could it might turn out to be....

Anyway - I own one of these suckers now and will be using electrical tape for the two offending alarm warning icons for this winter.

Ideally it would be nice to find a mitsu group local - or at least in Ontario that I could connect with.

The solution of getting "packrat" to program four sens.it sensors seems like the best idea, but he's in the US and getting stuff across the border might be to much trouble for him. I'm open to suggestions.

As crazy as it sounds, paying $40 bucks twice a year to mount and remount at the beginning and end of winter might be the cheapest solution - crazy isn't it!

Anyway - Glad to see a forum - I belong to another Fiero.nl. My fun car is a highly modifed 1988 Fiero GT with roof chop 350V8, 6 speed, scissor doors etc - look up TazmnDvl in the build section if you're interested.

Taz

Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 PM

Hi there, you're not alone in Ontario

TPMS shut off solution is just 1 hour of driving from you

This system could be deactivated/reactivated as needed. PM me if you need help with that.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:41 AM

Vadimus - Thanks again for tunring that TPMS off on Saturday. I no longer need to wear sunglasses when driving! lol