Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Saggy Rear 07 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Default Saggy Rear 07 Outlander

Hi: Is it just me or does everyone else have a saggy rear end? There seems to be a bigger gap in the front wheel well than in the back. My problem is Ipull a boat and I end up scraping my hitch everytime I back up onto my driveway with a trailer.. I wonder if I can replace the rear springs or shim it up with some spacers.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Default RE: Saggy Rear 07 Outlander

It is a known issue, and some say that it is like that on a lot of cars.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
tcp

maybe a set of airbags inside the rear springs to help with the weight when towing. a set is usually about $100 and you can adjust the pressure to suit you.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 PM

I drove behind another outlander yesterday and my GF said this. She was like "why is the rear end of that outlander squatting down"? I drove by and they only had 2 people in the car with nothing behing towed behind them. I am guessing they had alot of weight in the truck or had a problem. My GF has drivin behindme a few times and said that mine sits higher.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:47 PM

I'm really interested in "bags" for the outie. Where can I get them for $100? That way I can just pump it up when I have a heavy load like in the Landrovers.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Mine sits just about the same as the front, but I'd imagine it would drop if I added any weight back there. I personally like cars with a low front stance and high rear stance, if a set of springs ever came out that raises the back I will be on it like flies on shait.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:35 PM

Is there a measurable difference in height? Or is it an illusion? I always thought the the taillights and the low bumper made it appear a little squatty

Old 08-14-2007, 01:58 PM
tcp

Something like the coil-rite airbags here:

http://www.performancesuspension.com/TruckAirSuspen.htm

You would probably need to tell them the inside diameter of the coil and extended length. They probably have something that fits. Simple adjustment via schraeder valves.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 PM

I went out and measured it, and it seems like the back only has about a 4 inch gap and the front is about 4.5 inches.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 AM

Phew!!!

I thought my XLS was faulty as I noticed the sag right away from day one. The service guy at the dealership tried to justify it by saying that the gas tank full of gas ALONE will make the rear sag, at the same time, pointing to another brand new Outlander on the lot that is not sagging because it's gas tank is almost empty.

Well, shouldn't the vehicles be engineered to accomodate the weight of a full gas tank, or two really heavy adults, sitting in the rear without causing a sag, aka threshhold weight capacity....before it sags??

Maybe...the independent rear suspension is more or very sensitive to weight load and a smoother ride is the trade off......

Independant Rear Suspension = Smoother Ride = Ultra Sensative to normal weight load.

I PRAY that this is not a cause for recall.....I really like the vehicle, but I really wish the rear suspension did not Sag..........

Quick Reply: Saggy Rear 07 Outlander