Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Saggy Rear 07 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Default RE: Saggy Rear 07 Outlander - Solution

http://store.towshop.com/store/more_...Category_ID=73

90.oo for the kit. I have to admit, seeing these posts where other folk are modding and improving thier outies is going to cost me money because I want the stuff too!
Rob

Old 09-09-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Radialman4360

http://store.towshop.com/store/more_...Category_ID=73

90.oo for the kit. I have to admit, seeing these posts where other folk are modding and improving thier outies is going to cost me money because I want the stuff too!
Rob
Looks good for 90 bucks. I would of thought air bag kits were in the hundreds. If I ever have any need to raise my rear up I plan on getting this kit. Question....How do you fill them up to the right PSI? Do you have to crawl under there with an air hose?

Old 09-09-2007, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: puddy

are the alloys wheels you have been put on by you, they look different than my mine? (uk warrior spec)
They are the new 2008 model wheels which come on the latest models, I've already seen these on an Outlander at a UK dealer.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: antlip
Looks good for 90 bucks. I would of thought air bag kits were in the hundreds. If I ever have any need to raise my rear up I plan on getting this kit. Question....How do you fill them up to the right PSI? Do you have to crawl under there with an air hose?
I put air shocks on my miniban which is a similar setup. I found the ideal place for theschraeder valve (same thing as tire valve), It was the underside of the rear bumper drilled a small hold and fastened it. No one could tell it was there and it was convenient to add air.

I added air whenever I towed then ran them at the lowes psi during normal driving.

I will be getting the air bags for towing as well, I wont use them to correct the supposed sag because there isnt one, it just looks like it.

Im not sure that all the wear I had in the front end of the miniban all the time wasnt because the rear was a couple inches higher than stock. I dont want to find out for sure.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 AM

I found a pretty good product at autozone that I installed yesterday, I'll try to get some pics up soon.
they are called coil spring boosters... its basically an inch thick rubber ring, thats cut in half, and has both inner and outer walls..

I jacked the rear of the outie up, and slowly, (but with a lot of force) pushed them into the third coil, up from the bottom, (I had to cut about an inch off of the boosters so they didnt overlap)

raised the rear of the vehicle up around a half inch, and really changed the stance, with no negative affects to the ride, or handleing... good buy, and good product,
expect to pay around 8 dollars a piece, or 16 dollars for a set to do the rear.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 AM

That sounds like a good idea/product, kind off like a mini lift kit..lol. Post some pics and install guide as soon as you can.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:34 PM

Hi! I need a little help here, I have the same problem with the rear suspension, I'm going to order the firestone 4106 airbags to solve the saggy rear suspension problem, my only concern is how difficult is to install them. I checked under the vehicle and I tried to figure out how I'm going to pass the air lines, where is the best place to go through and not damage the lines, and where is the best place to install the valve stem. If someone can post pictures or explain how to do this I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Its not saggy, measure the body under the door. I bet its the same front to rear. Dont say its a problem unless it is. Fine that you dont like the look but that isnt a problem with the vehicle.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:31 PM

Thank you for your reply, but I know is not a problem with the height of the rear suspension in normal driving conditions, I measured and I know it is level. The only reason that I want to install the air bags is because the car saggs a little when it is loaded and pulling a trailer, that's it, I do not want to lift the rear, I just want to keep it the same height when it is loaded and pulling a trailer.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Yes its definately a problem pulling a trailer,you didnt mention it and if you read most of the other posts they just dont like the saggy looks.
I didnt want others not familiar with the outie to read this and think it sags under normal conditions. I like the lifted rear look and did it to my miniban for towing but I think it trashed the front end so I wont do it to the outie except run air whentowing which is an option when using bags.

Quick Reply: Saggy Rear 07 Outlander