Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Satellite Radio Question (XM)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Default Satellite Radio Question (XM)

I purchased an Audiovox onyX Receiver & Car Kit (http://www.myradiostore.com/xm-radio...vers/onyx.html) and installed it using the PowerConnect (which plays the audio through an empty FM channel).

The reception was reasonable and I was fine with it, but the drop/dead zones were driving me nuts.

So I purchased the Sirius XM FM Direct Adapter/Modulator (http://www.myradiostore.com/fmmodula...ifmmore14.html) hoping this would solve my problem.

I'll add that I have an '08 LS w/o Rockford Fosgate and single disc unit. Installation was easy, and although I haven't driven it yet to test if this will reduce my dead zone issue, my real questions are:

My Onyx gets no XM reception without the original XM Magnetic Mount antenna plugged in with my FM Direct Adapter. I thought the Adapter was supposed to reduce the need of using the original XM antenna. And ONLY use my vehicles own antenna.

Perhaps I didn't install it properly? Although, all AM and FM radio stations work fine, and with the FM adapter plugged in (just in my driveway so far), it does seem to get a tiny bit more clarity.

Also, did I assume wrong? Will this even solve my drop zone issue? Or is it just for more clarity? FYI, I live in Vancouver, BC if that makes any difference.

Any help? Looking at the myradiostores notes, it says that I may need an additional adapter for my car, but they don't have anything listed for Mitsubishi. So I assumed I wouldn't need anything else.

Thanks in advance.