Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Scan Tools

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Default Scan Tools

Anyone know if any other scan tools can be used on the 2007 Outie other than Mitsubishi's MUT-III?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Default RE: Scan Tools

What was the scan tool originally for?
If it was made for mitsubishi's, then it should work just fine.
Most auto-manufacturers pick a set of codes, and stick with-em. so you should be good.
The only way to know for sure is to hook it up, and see...

Old 03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: Scan Tools

There are other scan tools available a lot cheaper than the Mits MUT-III (which costs about $5k - yikes), but I haven't yet found one (via web search mainly) that is definitively capable of diagnosing and updating the 2007 Outlander.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:28 PM

I've been reading 2007+ threads since work is slow. Thought I'd bring this up since it haven't seen it discussed much.

I have an Acctron 9180 unit (the 9185 is out at Advance Auto) that I picked up for $180. it will read live data and will even record in .5 second intervals. It'll read/clear current DTCs and will read pending codes as well. It reads OBDII and CAN computers. I use it on my Ford Ranger and the Outlander. I've used it on my sister's Chevy Blazer, mom's Jeep Liberty...all using one cable. You can't make changes with it, but you can see codes and read whatever live data is available.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:32 PM

there is nothing with all the capabilities of the mut III.

you can get generic scan tools that pull PCM data, but the rest of the car will be ignored.
you can get professional scan tools that can access it, but they cost more than the MUT. plus, the MUT has reprogramming capabilites built in for mitsu products. Professional scan tools should have that capability, but you need to access mitsus "professional" website in order to download code cars.. and its not free.

so basically, if all you want are engine codes, yes. but theres a LOT more to the car than just engine codes.