Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Service/Accessories Advice from You All!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Default Service/Accessories Advice from You All!

Hey everyone! Just bought the Outlander for an service today, and I need some advice from you guys!!

1) The air filter need to be replace, dealer wants $25 CND dollars. Reasonable? I know this is a 2 second job, but I just want to know how much are an air filter for an Outie??

2) I saw the demo Outie at the Dealer had side steps and a bull bar. I ask for how much, their answer "$1000 CND for each, total of 2000 CND". I was totally shocked, and I was just wondering how much are the aftermarket ones (Chrome) or (Stainless). And where to get?

3) After owning the Outie for 3/4 of a year, I FINALLY realize that I need those mud flaps. Dealer wants $250 (including install), but those flap only cost $150 at Mitsu, charging 100 for installation fee. Is the price reasonable? I saw http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/Merc...ory_Code=OUT07 and they only charge $90 bucks. Anyone have any thoughs on those?

4) Finally, I live in Ontario, Canada. Websites like http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/Merc...ory_Code=OUT07 for mud flaps are from States I believe. Anyone know how I can get them, and the process if it. (Never order anything online before =S )

Thank you so so much for all of your help! THANKS
ShortyRiderr

Old 05-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Default RE: Service/Accessories Advice from You All!

The stealerships charge a crazy amount for their filter, so that seems about right. As far as everything else, not sure.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Is there a after market air filter for the 07-08 Outlanders? How much are they roughly?

Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Banned

Zontarch is the master of this kinda stuff

Old 05-26-2008, 07:52 PM

I know here in the US , local autoparts stores have some like fram and such, they are a lot cheaper than the stock.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:28 PM

#3. DO NOT order online. They use UPS for shipping and you'll get charged brokerage fee plus taxes. In the end you'll end up paying more than from the local dealership. I'm talking from my own experience. Eventually talk to them and see if they can ship with the US Postal Services.
Alternatively, if you are close to the border, just go there and pick them up - I think they are in Buffalo area IIRC.
As for the installation, it's simple enough to DIY.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:54 AM

I bought my oem mud flap from the my dealer here in ottawa and paid 150$ for it did the install my self as it's really easy. Like Dodo2 is saying ordering online from that site they ship whit UPS and charge you brokerage fee I did it and end up paying more money for my side vent then my local dealer was charging.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:03 AM

#1 - Local parts places are much cheaper, but not sure of part number for Outtie.
#2 - $2000 is nutz! You can easily find others for 1/4 of the price. As mentioned Zontarh may have some ideas.
#3 and #4 - Definitely buy them online and install yourself. I would email or call mitsuaccessories.com and ask about shipping methods. They are an actual dealership in the US and the parts guy can quickly tell you what he can do shipping wize. I paid less than $100 shipped and the install took less than 5 minutes per mudguard. Easy ordering with credit card online. They will email a confirmation and if you want to check on your order you just call them. I called like 3 times as mine order was slightly delayed because they had to special order one of my parts. The parts guy was pretty helpful. They can give you a tracking number too.