Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

"Service Engine Soon" Code: 1320 + 2 Rotted Coolant Lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 09:13 PM
Default "Service Engine Soon" Code: 1320 + 2 Rotted Coolant Lines

Vehicle 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6 4X4
137,000 Miles

Currently have a "Service Engine Soon" Light on dash and used Bluedriver to pull Code: 1320 "IG timing retard insufficient" (What exactly does that mean how can I fix it?)

+ 2 Rotted Coolant metal Lines
1st Rotted line is the Oil Cooling Line
2nd Rotted line is the Trans Oil Cooling Line

What can I do to fix these issues? How much do the replacement cooling lines cost? (Labor/Part Price breakdown) does anyone know the part numbers, are there aftermarket options for these two metal coolant lines or do you have to buy them Mitsubishi Directly?

I have a slow coolant leak, currently filling up the coolant tank every 1.5, 2 weeks looking to solve this issue, appreciate any help!

Old 11-21-2021, 11:54 PM

Sound like the knock sensor is either working overtime trying to correct the spark, or it has failed totally

Old 11-22-2021, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by DibbyDibbyDJ
Sound like the knock sensor is either working overtime trying to correct the spark, or it has failed totally

Sorry not sure what that means, what is bad the spark plugs, knock sensor? What parts do I need to replace how much does something like this cost? Labor/Parts?

Old 11-23-2021, 03:43 PM
Default knock sensor

Best go to rockauto.com site or other supplier and look at the part posted, take a pic of the knock sensor then try locate it on the engine and replace yourself. I have replaced metal lines with rubber before. Be sure it says, "for trans line on the hose". They are high pressure hoses. Expensive ($5/ft) but less cutting screwing with rusted parts.

**** How do you eat an elephant ? One piece at a time. Do one part at a time or be overwhelmed.

Old 11-28-2021, 06:35 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DibbyDibbyDJ

Is it normal for Knock sensors to fail? It has been there since 2008 so I see why it could have just reached the end of its lifespan. If I took this to a Mechanic how much would be fair for them to charge me?

Appreciate any help!

Old 11-29-2021, 03:54 AM

Did some searching and looks like the code can be due to the following below. The Faulty Thermostat and ECT signal causes leads me to think that it could be related to the coolant leaks.
  • Faulty Thermostat
  • Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor signal
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

https://www.engine-codes.com/p1320_mitsubishi.html

Old 12-03-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by eloMeTh
Did some searching and looks like the code can be due to the following below. The Faulty Thermostat and ECT signal causes leads me to think that it could be related to the coolant leaks.
  • Faulty Thermostat
  • Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor signal
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

https://www.engine-codes.com/p1320_mitsubishi.html
Thank you! Appreciate the findings.

These are the pictures of the rott does anyone know the part name or part number so I can special order it and replace it?

https://imgur.com/a/81b5z6U

Going to order from Rockauto.com if they don't carry it would order from https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.com/

How much should labor cost on a replacement like this?

Old 01-25-2022, 04:18 PM

Replaced Rotted/Rusted engine and trans coolant lines come to find out that the Oil Cooler Radiator - Mitsubishi 2920a024
2007-2009 Mitsubishi Outlander has a hairline crack. Do they make an aftermarket part other than OEM? Appreciate any help!
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 3.0 V6 4X4

Last edited by SERPENTOR; 01-25-2022 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:43 PM

See some on ebay for about $100 with the 2920a024 part number, but not sure of the quality. OEM looks pricey so maybe worth a shot?

Old 01-30-2022, 09:30 PM
Thumbs up

I saw that one too looking for a Lifetime warranty or more than 3 months, appreciate the suggestion!

Quick Reply: "Service Engine Soon" Code: 1320 + 2 Rotted Coolant Lines