Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Service interval been extended?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Default Service interval been extended?

Looking on the new Outlander specification sheet I've noticed it's been changed to 12,500 miles servicing (2.2 diesel) up from the 9,000 mile schedule.
Have they tweaked the engine or just using different oil?

It's not due just yet either way but I'll put a call into the garage and ask I guess.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by rennie
Looking on the new Outlander specification sheet I've noticed it's been changed to 12,500 miles servicing (2.2 diesel) up from the 9,000 mile schedule.
Have they tweaked the engine or just using different oil?

It's not due just yet either way but I'll put a call into the garage and ask I guess.
when you read the small print the 9,000 mile was for very dusty and or sandy conditions and 12,500 for normal conditions like we get in the Uk but dealers would not have that as its less work coming there way. 9,000 miles is pretty poor when you look at the other cars on the road. I've also got little Citroen that's 10 years old and that's on 20,000 mile services.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by i lunn
when you read the small print the 9,000 mile was for very dusty and or sandy conditions and 12,500 for normal conditions like we get in the Uk but dealers would not have that as its less work coming there way. 9,000 miles is pretty poor when you look at the other cars on the road. I've also got little Citroen that's 10 years old and that's on 20,000 mile services.
Dusty/sandy in the UK! Mine has been on 9,000 mile service from new (two so far) at just over 1 year old and is new shape Outlander.

This is off the UK site and have extended the 3 year warranty to five as well.

SERVICING/WARRANTY
Servicing12,500 miles / 12 monthsInsurance group10EWarranty5 years / 62,500 milesAnti perforation12 year anti-corrosion perforation warrantyAssistance3 year pan-European roadside assistance including home start

Last edited by rennie; 01-17-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:16 PM

Dusty/sandy in the UK! Mine has been on 9,000 mile service from new (two so far) at just over 1 year old and is new shape Outlander.

This is off the UK site and have extended the 3 year warranty to five as well.

SERVICING/WARRANTY
Servicing12,500 miles / 12 monthsInsurance group10EWarranty5 years / 62,500 milesAnti perforation12 year anti-corrosion perforation warrantyAssistance3 year pan-European roadside assistance including home start
Your car is about same age as mine. Bet they still try and tell us its 9000 mile doubt there is any thing different oil/filter wise I think when they reset the service indicator they can put in 9 or 12,500 miles to next. I also had recall about 3 months ago something to do with transfer box. Also just starting to knock on suspension at front (20,000 miles) so need to speak to them.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by i lunn
Your car is about same age as mine. Bet they still try and tell us its 9000 mile doubt there is any thing different oil/filter wise I think when they reset the service indicator they can put in 9 or 12,500 miles to next. I also had recall about 3 months ago something to do with transfer box. Also just starting to knock on suspension at front (20,000 miles) so need to speak to them.
Apart from the measly service interval issue, the car has been great so far and been a pleasure to drive around.
Not one issue under warranty as of yet.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:27 AM

Apart from the measly service interval issue, the car has been great so far and been a pleasure to drive around.
Not one issue under warranty as of yet.
Had a look on the broacher I got from dealer 12 months ago that one defo says 9000 mile so would be interesting to get up to date one from dealer. I think I will order one online. I bet they have had some lost sales. Would think the company car buyer will be put off if its in for service every 9 weeks.
I suppose it could be misprint if the broacher was translated from one for other parts of the world. I do like this car much nicer drive than other soft roaders iv'e had like the BMW X3 and Jeep Cherokee. How do you find fuel consumption? I manage 35 mpg.
The only little gripe but one can get used to it is if you just creeping up to roundabout or junction and you see a gap one would normally pull out into the car has to think before putting power on which can be nerve wrecking for second or so, not sure if its delay in turbo or the auto gearbox. Keep thinking of phoning and asking if there is any software updates.