Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Sharkfin Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Default Sharkfin Antenna

Hey all

I for one like the look of a sharkfin antenna on the right car, and I think the Outtie would look great with one. I found a place online (in Canada) that makes them for the Outtie, and paints it to factory colors as well. The price is 69 + shipping (12 to USA) but they do offer group buy discounts for over 5. Is anyone else interested?? Here is the link, and I am going to make a list of people who are interested so we can see what kind of pricing we can get.

http://www.visualgarage.com/home.html

1. abrcrombe
more?

Old 01-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Default RE: Sharkfin Antenna

I would like to get one.....

1. abrcrombe
2. Printerman
more?

Old 01-01-2008, 04:44 PM

What about the satellite receiver? It's built in at the base ofthe antenna

Old 01-02-2008, 07:50 AM

Sat ant and recvr are by the glovebox.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 AM

Looks great but I'm worried about reception. Anyone has tested this?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:27 AM

I don't know anyone with one but I'll do some research on it for you guys. Personally I don't listen to the radio and my free sat subscription is ending soon so neither is if importance to me but I know to some it is. Also it looks like they won't ship until mid January so I guess we should wait until closer to then to hope to get more people to sign up for lower prices.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: oldpapa1949

Sat ant and recvr are by the glovebox.

Receiver/tuner, yes, but the antenna would need a line of sight. With the large base of the antenna, I'm making an educated guess that's what it is there for. I haven't seen if it's different for non Sun/Sound Outties.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:07 PM

1) I thinkthis antenna looks better than works [:@]For good reception it must have the own amplifier. Check 12vwire in this antenna. If you'll don't see it - that meanI was right.

2) As I know, European '07 models have railngs on the roof. They will close your look to this antenna. It looks great on fast sedans like bimer, benznot on SUVs.
---
Nothing personal, just my 2 cents.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 PM

I did some research and it says that the antenna actually does degrade the FM reception a little, but the sat radio should be the same.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: abrcrombe

Hey all

I for one like the look of a sharkfin antenna on the right car, and I think the Outtie would look great with one. I found a place online (in Canada) that makes them for the Outtie, and paints it to factory colors as well. The price is 69 + shipping (12 to USA) but they do offer group buy discounts for over 5. Is anyone else interested?? Here is the link, and I am going to make a list of people who are interested so we can see what kind of pricing we can get.
Yesterday I install sharkfin antenna. I bought the antenna that uses VW's BORA/PASAST here in Mexico and it is excelent. I have photos but I cannot upload them to the forum. . .

Quick Reply: Sharkfin Antenna