Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Should I buy a 2007 Mits Outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Default Should I buy a 2007 Mits Outlander?

Hello.

I am looking for an ecomical reliable cuv. I recently came across a used 2007 mits outlander that looks very clean. I havent test drove it yet, but have watched some reviews and it seems to meet my needs.

I am not sure which trim this is, but from the pics i can tell it has the rockford fosgate stereo.

My biggest concern is the mileage. it has just over 100k miles. the price is a little under 11k. what do you guys think? whats the reliability like?

I had a mitsubishi once and it was one of my favorite cars ever. It was a 1998 Mits Eclipse GST. ... but other than that i don't have a lot of experience or knowlege on mits or outlander.

thanks

Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 AM

11K is alot to pay for any car over 100,000k.

Mine is a 2008 with just over 40,000k and is only valued 12k (mind you it is not the loaded option but that may add a bit more not much.)

Where are you located? 11K is too much.....

Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 AM

I've got the '07 LS without the RF audio system in it. I'm coming up on 100k within the next few months. I've had very few problems with it. It is picky about tire choices with regards to fuel efficiency. I was getting 28MPG on the highway with OEM Geolanders...switched to Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tires (light truck) and immediately lost 4mpg. With my driving, we can go 7.5k miles on Penzoil Platinum before an oil change.

I also had a '93 Eclipse and took it to 240k miles. same cheap plastic in the trunk area is still used. I hope with good maintenance, this will hit the same mileage.

if you get it, there isn't much to tune up. I'll be doing spark plugs, which is a pain.

when I got it, what drove me crazy was that if I used cruise control around town, it would get better gas mileage than my ranger on the highway!

11k is too much. here's my car on KBB:
Kelley Blue Book

Old 03-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
11K is alot to pay for any car over 100,000k.

Mine is a 2008 with just over 40,000k and is only valued 12k (mind you it is not the loaded option but that may add a bit more not much.)

Where are you located? 11K is too much.....
Thanks Ryan. my name is Ryan also by the way. lol.

I live on the california central coast. zip: 93433

yeah, i think 11 might be a little high. but 10k might be more reasonable. the car looks to be in good shape from the pics. maybe the high miles were highway.

here is the link to the car. (free carfax is there)
Used 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander For Sale in Tracy CA | JA4MS31XX7U013246 | Livermore, Modesto & Stockton

Originally Posted by ccernst
I've got the '07 LS without the RF audio system in it. I'm coming up on 100k within the next few months. I've had very few problems with it. It is picky about tire choices with regards to fuel efficiency. I was getting 28MPG on the highway with OEM Geolanders...switched to Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tires (light truck) and immediately lost 4mpg. With my driving, we can go 7.5k miles on Penzoil Platinum before an oil change.

I also had a '93 Eclipse and took it to 240k miles. same cheap plastic in the trunk area is still used. I hope with good maintenance, this will hit the same mileage.

if you get it, there isn't much to tune up. I'll be doing spark plugs, which is a pain.

when I got it, what drove me crazy was that if I used cruise control around town, it would get better gas mileage than my ranger on the highway!

11k is too much. here's my car on KBB:
Kelley Blue Book
thanks for you input ccernst! .. glad to hear your outlander is doing great for you! how long have you had yours? what things do you like and not like? thanks.

This car that i am talking about (posted linke above) , is what got me interested in the outlander. I have been looking at honda accords at that dealership and saw this one. then i thought , i just might be able to get a crossover suv in my price range with decent mpg, and new ammenities.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:53 PM

wait, thats not even the high level outlander, only has 16" rims.

More like $8k would be reasonable. Remeber this is a dealership youre talking about not private.

also its only the fwd , not the AWD. Way too high.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Do not get front wheel drive only. You will not be happy!

Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM

Carfax shows it is the FWD with 3.0 6cyl. But the scary thing is the first service at 9,000 miles or 4 months then nothing about any service until over 4 more years and over 90,000 more miles. I've seen a ton of carfax and almost any service center pops up with tires/rotation or oil or checked this or checked that. Unless the guy was driving 22K a year and doing all his own service and I knew the guy and the price was 7.5K or less I'd stay away from it there are a ton of other cars out there. *notice CARFAX even shows 2 very recent wash/details at the dealership*

Last edited by sdglinas; 03-19-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:06 AM

thanks for all of your input guys.

your right, thats not a good deal. i will keep looking.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 AM

well, lately i have been thinking of getting off the suv train since i feel like anything decent with miles that werent too high or because some cuv's have horrible reviews for higher mileage used (Nissan Murano).... and i have been looking at going to 4 door sedans. (honda accord 2007) .

but just before i pull the trigger on a sedan, the mother in law gives her oppinion that she thinks we should really try to get a CUV. She drives a brand new murano, and had a rogue before that.... so it's easy for her to say.

so this brings me back to this: I would like to get a cross over suv that is ecomoical , decent on gas, low maintenance costs, fun to drive, looks good, and is somewhat comfortable for a bigger guy like myself (6' 280lb) .... (and fits my family : wife and 9 mth old)

...........so when i consider all those factors, I come back to the Outlander. it kind of fits the mold. But i have 2 main questions: what maintenance will i need to look out for as the outlander gets in the 70k-100k range? and what real mpg are peopl getting. (2007 outlander v6 fwd).

THis OUtlander looks to be a decent deal? what do you guys think?
Used 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES in Long Beach CA | VIN: JA4MS31X27U009157

Old 03-25-2012, 11:41 AM

Still too much. Great that it has few miles, but the ES is the lowest of the three trims available that year.

on higher mileage vehicles, make sure the transmission fluid is good. It makes all the difference with fresh fluid. should be a light pink color. brake fluid should be near clear...by now it should have been changed by now. once you hit 100k miles, at least inspect the timing belt. If not replaced, keep a close eye on it.

Quick Reply: Should I buy a 2007 Mits Outlander?