Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Side mirror with lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Default RE: Side mirror with lights

ORIGINAL: tdford
Looks great! You should get some pics of it lit, and one during the day. Great job though.
It would do the conversion as well, but I just cant put up the $700 for them.
Hi tdford, at this moment it is raining in where alive, as soon as the climate improves, sure I upload more pics. . .

Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM

Here are the photos:

Name:  Espejo.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  36.5 KB

Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM

Nice photos... can you take some pictures on the hose attachment to the cooler switch? =)

Old 11-21-2008, 04:37 PM

That mirror looks great jrsd. is that mirror glass the same shape as the original? Do you think if you were to purchase a new cover and lamp would it fit onto
US market mirror?

BTW did you install the sunglass holder yet? that looks to be an easy upgrade.I didn't know it would come without the interior lamp.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:07 PM

Hi mitsupartsman. Bad news, cover and glass aren't compatible with american mirror. The sunglass holder will try to install it the next week, so I will say if is possible do it. The only bad thing of this mod is that I do not have pattern paper and I must test many before of cut the headlining

Old 12-25-2008, 06:49 PM

Another different exterior mirror model with lights corresponds to the Out sold in the Philippines, also look interesting, but I prefer the exterior mirror that has the Out in Japan… and also my Out [sm=smiley2.gif]

Name:  Espejo-1.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  11.7 KB

Old 01-09-2009, 03:16 AM

Hi jsrd. I have a few questions about the folding mirror mod you did.
1. Do you have the part number for the new folding switch? Do you have to replace the whole switch (including the 4 way remote mirror switch) or did your dealer just add the small folding button switch?
2. After all the parts were installed (folding mirror + heated function), did your dealer have to program your ETACS for the folding function to work? How about the heater function? Does the ETACS need to be programmed too?
3. If your mirror is folded, does it fold out when the vehicle's speed reaches 30kph?

Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 AM

rcpax, I hope that this information is of aid for you; I don't take my Out with dealer for modifications (only ETACS's reprograming), just I work some and other my installer:

1a. MR951187 from Mitsubishi Grandis
1b. Only it was necessary to replace folding switch

2a. Yes
2b. It isn't necessary to reprograming the ETACS for this function, the element of heating of glass works simultaneously with rear window defroster

3. There are 4 options of programming and I have that is operated by folding switch only (folding/unfolding path switch)

Old 01-09-2009, 04:01 AM

Thank you for the info. I found some good info on the folding switch.

Another question: Did your installer put in new relays in the ETACS for the folding mirror? When you installed your mirror, what kind of connector did your installer use to connect wires? did he have to connect it directly (solder) or did he use a similar metal connector like the ones from the factory.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 AM

rcpax, the control is within ETACS of my Out, so only it was necessary that dealer obtained software update for "on" this function, and was necessary to run ALL wiring for this function because there was nothing; in case that you do not have the function in your ETACS, you can make a circuit with relays , this was "plan B" for me, but it wasn't necessary. My installer used the OEM connector and added one connector for turn signal and folding/unfolding functions, he welded the joints, put thermofil in the joints and it used terminals for the new connector. . .

Quick Reply: Side mirror with lights