Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Side mirror with lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Side mirror with lights

@jsrd:Thanks for the info. At least I have confirmed some minor details about this mod.

Does anybody know more about the hydrophillic mirror sold in Japan (MZ569718)? I figure from the name it's suppose to prevent water droplets from forming on the mirror? Does anybody have this kind of mirror on any of their cars before? Is this heated too?

Name:  hydrophillic.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  24.5 KB

Old 01-09-2009, 03:22 PM

rcpax, I requested this hydrophillic glass, yes, are heated and from minkara forum, works perfect eliminating the water. As soon as I have them installed, I will comment details. . .

Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM

rcpax, here some pics hydrophillic glass, in the second pic it is possible to see the heating element:

Name:  Hidrophylicglass.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  39.6 KB

Old 01-10-2009, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: jsrd

Another different exterior mirror model with lights corresponds to the Out sold in the Philippines, also look interesting, but I prefer the exterior mirror that has the Out in Japan… and also my Out [sm=smiley2.gif]

I like this option better...where did you find this? is this an aftermarket part or a Mitsubishi oem for the Phillippines models? Thanks

Old 01-10-2009, 08:05 PM

Something I saw in another forum caught my eye - a module which tilts the mirror down when you go into reverse. Here's the link: http://outieclub.com/viewtopic.php?f...202&hilit= (second post down in that page)

Has anyone bought this or tried it out? The instructions are in Japanese so that puts a major barrier for me attempting this, but I'd love to do something like that. mitsupartsman, do you think you could get that (the post says it's oem) and how much would it be? I like my mirrors the way they are, and spending $700+ just to have a turn signal on the front, which I'd never see anyways, doesn't seem worth it to me. The only thing I'd want from the mirrors is to tilt downwards when I go into reverse like the luxury cars do!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 09XLS4WD
I like this option better...where did you find this? is this an aftermarket part or a Mitsubishi oem for the Phillippines models? Thanks
09XLS4WD, I obtained the pic from Mitsubishi Philippines website, and only I have seen it in the Outlander that sell there, and it is an accessory OEM. I don't know if it could obtain, but maybe mitsupartsman or japanparts could have better information about this. . .

Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: tareks
Something I saw in another forum caught my eye - a module which tilts the mirror down when you go into reverse. . .
tareks, I have it and it calls Reverse Controller Mirror, P/N MZ604732; the installation manual is in japanese language, but the graphs are easy to follow. Only it controls the passenger side mirror and has 6 adjustments that select by means of 4 DIP switches.
Name:  Imagen1-9.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  9.8 KB

Old 01-10-2009, 10:47 PM

tareks, I have it and it calls Reverse Controller Mirror, P/N MZ604732; the installation manual is in japanese language, but the graphs are easy to follow. Only it controls the passenger side mirror and has 6 adjustments that select by means of 4 DIP switches.
Wow you've installed it? Can you tell me more about the install process? What kind of electrical work is required? It only controls the passenger mirror and not the driver's side mirror too? Seems kind of strange...Also, where'd you get it from and how much did it cost?

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 AM

tareks, I am going to upolad pics with details of installation, which is simple. Japanparts was my source. . .

Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 PM

tareks, I am going to upolad pics with details of installation, which is simple. Japanparts was my source. . .
Awesome! Can't wait to see the write up. I wonder if mitsupartsman can order this in...?

Quick Reply: Side mirror with lights