Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

SMALL UPGRADES

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 02:08 AM
Default RE: SMALL UPGRADES

dger, I know that in Spain yes have this option, and for the North American models, we do not have visualization in real time of the pressure, and doesn't visualize in the MMCS, we single have an icon light alert of low air pressure but doesn't indicate in which tire, and is displayed on the center panel only. I think that can be possible to install this system, and would be needed:
1. Prewired
2. 4 sensors
3. The receiver,
4. To reprogram the ETACS and the sensors.
Unfortunately, in service manual in forum doesn't mention anything about the TPMS, but according to information provided by Brian360, the system acts under the following values:

According to the FSM, the low tire pressure warning alarm threshold values are:
* Standard pressure at cold (reference): 220 kPa (32 psi)
* Alarm ON pressure: 174 kPa (25.2 psi) or less
* Alarm OFF pressure: 189 kPa (27.4 psi) or more

An good aftermarket option is TPMS Orange Electronic, model P409S, website http://www.orange-electronic.com

Old 10-31-2008, 04:11 AM

yes i wish that my outlander would show which tire is low. sure was annoying with the lancer

Old 10-31-2008, 07:35 AM

The tire pressure sensor transmitsits signal to the keyless operating ECU. The sensors need to be ID'd to the ECU.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: BrodyGuy

yes i wish that my outlander would show which tire is low. sure was annoying with the lancer
About this, I believe that must be possible, but Mitsubishi would have to modify software so we can to see at the same time, in real time, the pressure of the 4 tires, would be brilliant, and the hardware is already here. . .

Old 11-23-2008, 09:46 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: BrodyGuy

if you put in the fog light kit, that you can order from mitsubishi itself, does the fog light switch actually come as a seperate switch? or does it come with a new indicator handle to make it look like the stock fog light switch? sorry if that is confusing i dont know how else to say it.

FYI, if you're putting the fog lights in after you have purchased your outie. They will need to program the Fogs to the ecu. Your lights will not turn on if not programmed

Old 11-24-2008, 03:22 AM

this is where we need software hackers on the site to create some fabulous new programming for our onboard computers.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Melvin8078

ORIGINAL: BrodyGuy

if you put in the fog light kit, that you can order from mitsubishi itself, does the fog light switch actually come as a seperate switch? or does it come with a new indicator handle to make it look like the stock fog light switch? sorry if that is confusing i dont know how else to say it.

FYI, if you're putting the fog lights in after you have purchased your outie. They will need to program the Fogs to the ecu. Your lights will not turn on if not programmed

The kits instructions show you how to program the etacs for the lights to work.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: jsrd
About this, I believe that must be possible, but Mitsubishi would have to modify software so we can to see at the same time, in real time, the pressure of the 4 tires, would be brilliant, and the hardware is already here. . .
In the Philippines, the GLS trim of the Outlander has a digital readout for the TPMS located in one of the empty slots where the ASC Off button is. I'm not really sure if this is a module that plugs into that slot, or just an LED interface with a more sphisticated board located behind it. I think it also tells you which wheel is deflated. And I'm not sure either if the TPMS module used is the same for the US.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

The kits instructions show you how to program the etacs for the lights to work.
[/quote]

I tried that andmy installer tried that also. I called the dealer and they told me they are the only ones that can program it. It didn't go very when they told me that. You spend $500 installed and you still need to spend another $110 to get to work. Still saved a big chunk cause I had it installed outside the dealer. Dealer was asking$800 installed!!!

Old 12-25-2008, 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax
In the Philippines, the GLS trim of the Outlander has a digital readout for the TPMS located in one of the empty slots where the ASC Off button is. I'm not really sure if this is a module that plugs into that slot, or just an LED interface with a more sphisticated board located behind it. I think it also tells you which wheel is deflated. And I'm not sure either if the TPMS module used is the same for the US.
Hey rcpax, I check about the accessory that you mention in Mitsubishi Philippines and did not find anything; do you have some pic to be able to see this accessory?
Thank's in advance. . .

Quick Reply: SMALL UPGRADES