Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

SMALL UPGRADES

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Default RE: SMALL UPGRADES

I have installed the fog light kit myself. Please be aware that it is not as easy as made out. The easy to follow instructions are great, But on the first page it tells you to "remove the front bumper in accordance to the shop guide". If you are not comfortable removing the bumper, do not attempt this install. It was a bit of a pain in the ***. My brother and I figured it out and had it installed in 4 hours. Then I put Xenon's in the Fog lights. Pretty freakin awesome actually. And yes it does come with a new signal turner that intergrates the fog lamp on/off.

I was also able to program the ETACS myself.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: jsrd

Hey rcpax, I check about the accessory that you mention in Mitsubishi Philippines and did not find anything; do you have some pic to be able to see this accessory?
Thank's in advance. . .
Actually I don't have a picture for it. I have checked the brochure and it's not there. Maybe some of our Filipino members can post a picture. I just saw it when I went there for vacation last year, Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 PM

can anyone give me a link for the red interior lights? I want the lightening inside to be a fighter jet lol

Old 01-02-2009, 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: rcpax
In the Philippines, the GLS trim of the Outlander has a digital readout for the TPMS located in one of the empty slots where the ASC Off button is. . .
rcpax, it is the best image than I could obtain, can be the accessory that you watched in Philippines?
Name:  Imagen6-2.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  7.2 KB

Old 01-02-2009, 09:43 AM

I think that's it. It also has a 2-digit pressure gauge readout,so when it's ON, it will tell you the actual tire pressure. This accessory is also present in the Pajero (Montero) that is sold there locally.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:38 PM

incase you are interested in upgrading your mirrors with heated glass,
btw, this is my first attempt at power point. thanks for the tip jsrd!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:29 PM

Hello mitsupartsman. Thanks for another nice add-on. Do we need the whole mirror replaced or can we just add the heating element?

And BTW, here's a much needed option we didn't get in the US: Wiper De-icer

Name:  wiperdeicer.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  23.8 KB

Old 01-03-2009, 11:33 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: rcpax

Hello mitsupartsman. Thanks for another nice add-on. Do we need the whole mirror replaced or can we just add the heating element?
[//quote]
The mirror glass and holder would need to be changed pictured in the upper left of my last post. also needed are the wires to connect to the element which i'm in the process of allocating.

And BTW, here's a much needed option we didn't get in the US: Wiper De-icer
i'm sure you could add that function but you would need to change the windsheild.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:50 AM

Hi mitsupartsman. Any luck with the needed wires? If I add the heated mirrors, does the ETACS ECU need to be reprogrammed for it to work? I am guessing it doesn't have to be done but I just want to double check with you. Do you have the part numbers for the heated mirrors?

Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 AM

rcpax, heated exterior mirrors work simultaneously with rear window defroster, so you do not require to reprograming the ETACS. In my Out was the prewiring until connector of the door (2 black wires), from this point was necessary run wires until the element of heating of the glass, and it is necessary to partially or completely remove the front door trim to do this. . .

Quick Reply: SMALL UPGRADES