Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Some fun in the graval

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Default Some fun in the graval

Hello everyone, I want to say that this car/suv/cuv w/e you want to call it, is amazing. Yes I knew this from before but yesterday it proved to me that it does more than looking sexy! lol. I always drive by a graval trail coming from work, and today after a long stressful day, I had to disconnect some how. Torn between sad emotions and stress I could not think straight and I stoped on that trail and said "what the heck!" I set the dial to 4wd, steped on it and hit the graval going 45 and 50 at times, boy it was scarry but I just could not get this thing to slip! I did all I could, weaving, sharp turns, anything and it would just stay the course, amazing piece of technology this AWD system is! after about 3-5 minutes of the fun the trail ended, I headed back home much more releaved from stress and verry proud of my outi. The only gripes about the whole thing was all the vibration I could feel inside the cab, but thats normal. Oh and theres a few blemishes in the clear coat right behind the front fenders from debrie being ejected from the tire (I wont do this again without some decent mud flaps). I gota say that the paint is really touugh, I mean there were rocks and debrie hitting that fender are at some point and all I got was a surface scratch. By the way this is not typical of me to do this, I'm the type of guy who babies the car and will avoid driving in bad weather, I was overcomed with stress or something...dunno, but it was fun. We'll thanks for reading my story, next time I will have a vid to go with it(but gota save up for some flaps first)and hopefullythis can make some of you look at the outi as a verry capable vehicle, but learn from my experience and DO NOT TRY THIS WITH OUT MUDFLADS!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Banned
Default RE: Some fun in the graval

Better yet... mud flaps are ugly. Get 3M Clear vinyl. Easy to apply... lifetime guarenteed against yellowing and they do an awesome job. My bro uses it on his Lotus... LOVES it

Old 07-20-2007, 08:05 AM

That isa verry atractive option, but call me crazy or what ever but I kinda like the look of flaps, not the stock ones but the "rally" kind.
Some thing like this:

I've seen evos with that style flaps that have the "RALLI///ART" emblem on them, that would be sweet looking with a slight lift on the back suspension and some cross drilled rotors and painted calipers(maybe even brembos who knows) now thats what floats my boat. lol.

I will do the 3M thing eventually when I get some $.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

I actually dig the idea of the big *** brembos with the mud flaps... but thats big $$$ and is really not to everyones taste. I had to think about it and picture it before i liked the idea.... but personally i like the 3M idea better... but you can still have the big brembos : )

Old 07-20-2007, 09:23 AM

It rocks in the gravel! I drive down my friends gravel drive (yes I have mud flaps) and it is smooth as glass. I drive down it in my Silverado and it rattles you to death but the Outie just glides over the washboard.

Very Impressive!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:33 AM

dude just this past weekend i did the same thing with my outie... some friends and i went camping up in the mountains and low and behold by 1am some of them hadent shown up yet. So i got in my outie and tore it up on a gravel mountain backroad, going about 30. Now it was really cool cuz the split screen feature on the nav came really in handy. i could see how sharp the turn coming up was and also get a birds eye view of what i have comming up. Doing this at night time, made it 213904723098472 times better! IT WAS SOOO MUCH FUN

Old 07-20-2007, 08:22 PM

always drive offroad and even some pretty crazy trails in my Outie and it always does well. Get alot of scratches and nicks bc the paint sucks but its worth it and is a hell of alot of fun.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:47 PM

This is all insane. This iswhy you buy a 2000$ lifted jeep and go swamp it. My car sees 1 dirt road and thats to go take care of the girl friends horse. I do 5 mph over the 1/8 mile road.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

Pu ssy lol j/k

Old 07-20-2007, 09:14 PM

i like to story i was reading one post about the nav how do u make the nav split screen so u can see the curve of the road i never knew it could be done with ur nav unitany help thanks in advse

Quick Reply: Some fun in the graval