Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Splash shield TSB TSB-09-42A-012

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 AM

I haven't taken anything out on anyone

My Outlander is still under warranty (only 2+ years old)

And OEM part is broken that shouldn't have broken.

Am I entitled to receive a free replacement?

Old 02-17-2011, 04:01 PM

Looking at things in an objective point of view:

1. Ruski's outie is under warranty--therefore, any defective part within this period should be addressed.

2. The stink he needs to make is with mitsu corporate and the dealer simply because--you need both to remedy the situation--If the service manager was as helpful as mine was--ruski would not go through this frustration. Mitsu corporate will be approving the shield replacement as what happened to my vehicle.

Mitsu corporate specifically told me this over the phone:

Has your dealer helped to your satisfaction? If not, then call us and we'll see how we can help you resolve your problem. So when I spoke to the dealer I told them I had spoken with corporate and was given a case number. I then told the service manager that if I had a problem to call corporate back so they can see what could be done to help me.

3. This is not a choice on who to help. If my car was fixed under warranty--there's no reason for ruski not to get the same relief. Ruski is paying for his car just like I have and deserves the same quality of service as any other paying mitsu vehicle owner.

Sometimes, the service department just needs a little nudge in the right direction. And no, the service manager was not chewed up in any way. We're actually pretty cool with each other.