Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

steel wheels and TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Default RE: steel wheels and TPMS

ORIGINAL: ZuluXls

wow that is pathetic! what a great system! [:@]
Yes I know I'm so frustrated at that system right now !

Old 09-14-2007, 09:16 AM
tcp

Sooo, that sucks.
Does anyone know if it is an actual light in the dash or is it a symbol on the LED information center. If it's a bulb, i'll take the dash apart and remove the bulb permanently. What a pain in the A$$. If it's in the LED center, maybe I'll just buy nokian WRs and be done with it. This is definately one place Mitsubishi dropped the ball.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Assuming its anything like my 08 Lancer (and likely is since its the same dash setup), there is both an LED in the instrument cluster plus it shows up on the LCD Information Center AND beeps once. You have to press & hold the INFO button to clear it off the LCD display. That's how it behaved when one of my tires got low. I have no idea how it behaves when it can't detect the sensor.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:10 AM

That dealer is wrong. If you take off the TPMS wheels and run it no sensors you will get the warning light, but all you need to do is put the original TPMS wheels back on the car and everything will work again. I have already done it.

The warning is a single chime, followed by a TPMS warning screen on the information display. It isn't that annoying, about the same as the Maintenance Interval warning.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 PM

that is great news Biscuit and Brian!

Old 09-14-2007, 01:27 PM

So this is Great news I will go buy my wheels this weekend and tires in advance so when the time come I will be ready to put them on in my driveway.. Thx for the Info I'm glad we don't have to go at the dealer because your butting back your OEM wheels with the sensor on the truck.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:32 PM
tcp

Thank you,
That's better info. Do you need to press the reset button every time you start the car to go to the normal display or does it go regular on its own?

ORIGINAL: biscuit

That dealer is wrong. If you take off the TPMS wheels and run it no sensors you will get the warning light, but all you need to do is put the original TPMS wheels back on the car and everything will work again. I have already done it.

The warning is a single chime, followed by a TPMS warning screen on the information display. It isn't that annoying, about the same as the Maintenance Interval warning.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:54 PM

You have to press the button.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: roach

BAD NEWS'
I just called Mitsubishi Canada to ask them about not running sensor on the winter wheels and they said there no problem you will get the light in your dash (no problem so far) the bad news his that they said that I will need to go anyway to the dealer in the spring to get the dealer to reprogram the computer to remove the light in the dash because you can't just put your Oem wheels back because the light wont go away automatic it need the reprogram there's no workaround apparently !
thats completely wrong.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

ORIGINAL: roach

BAD NEWS'
I just called Mitsubishi Canada to ask them about not running sensor on the winter wheels and they said there no problem you will get the light in your dash (no problem so far) the bad news his that they said that I will need to go anyway to the dealer in the spring to get the dealer to reprogram the computer to remove the light in the dash because you can't just put your Oem wheels back because the light wont go away automatic it need the reprogram there's no workaround apparently !
thats completely wrong.

I know and I'm glad the biscuittried it because I would I’ve believe what Mitsubishi Canada told me .Those guys should know there product a little more before telling owner's wrong answer's.

Quick Reply: steel wheels and TPMS